+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

KBDB

May 4, 2017
Hi Guys,

Thank you for keeping this forum up to date. I've been following this forum for quite sometime and it has helped me a lot.
My spousal application for my husband is almost completed and I'm ready to submit it, hopefully within this week.

However, it's just been bought to my notice that marriage certificate I've provided may not be sufficient. *Quick background*: I got married in a Sikh Temple in India and was given a certificate from the Temple itself. Please note that the Marriage Certificate has been attested by the Ministry of Home (Mumbai), Ministry of External Affairs (Patiala, New Delhi) and by the Indian Consulate in Toronto. Would this certificate be accepted by CIC for my husband's sponsorship, or is there another Civil Document that needs to be provided to show that we are legally married.

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks,

KBDB

Nabil_TO

Aug 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

Thank you for keeping this forum up to date. I've been following this forum for quite sometime and it has helped me a lot.
My spousal application for my husband is almost completed and I'm ready to submit it, hopefully within this week.

However, it's just been bought to my notice that marriage certificate I've provided may not be sufficient. *Quick background*: I got married in a Sikh Temple in India and was given a certificate from the Temple itself. Please note that the Marriage Certificate has been attested by the Ministry of Home (Mumbai), Ministry of External Affairs (Patiala, New Delhi) and by the Indian Consulate in Toronto. Would this certificate be accepted by CIC for my husband's sponsorship, or is there another Civil Document that needs to be provided to show that we are legally married.

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks,

KBDB
I'm not an expert but my understanding is that as long as your marriage is legally recognized in the country you got married then it is recognized in Canada.

I got a marriage certificate in Korea, translated it to English and sent it. I can't see why your marriage certificate in India would not be good enough.

Good Luck

KBDB

May 4, 2017
I'm not an expert but my understanding is that as long as your marriage is legally recognized in the country you got married then it is recognized in Canada.

I got a marriage certificate in Korea, translated it to English and sent it. I can't see why your marriage certificate in India would not be good enough.

Good Luck
Thank you Nabil.
As per my understanding goes, the certificate which I've received from the temple is attested both in the countries where i've got married and where I am currently living, should work. But my immigration lawyer says that the document that I have is registered only on religious basis, not legal. So from the looks of it, I will have to travel to India and get a proper Marriage registration done, even though the same government bodies(Ministry of Home, Misistry of External Affairs) will be attesting the new marriage certificate.
I called the Indian Consulate in Toronto and CIC as well, and both of them have given me different answers. :(
I'm not sure what to do.

I'd be grateful if anyone could help me out with this situation, in case you've had the same issue.

Thank you

EaidyJ

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Thank you Nabil.
As per my understanding goes, the certificate which I've received from the temple is attested both in the countries where i've got married and where I am currently living, should work. But my immigration lawyer says that the document that I have is registered only on religious basis, not legal. So from the looks of it, I will have to travel to India and get a proper Marriage registration done, even though the same government bodies(Ministry of Home, Misistry of External Affairs) will be attesting the new marriage certificate.
I called the Indian Consulate in Toronto and CIC as well, and both of them have given me different answers. :(
I'm not sure what to do.

I'd be grateful if anyone could help me out with this situation, in case you've had the same issue.

Thank you
In my case we recieved the marriage certificate from the pastor who performed the ceremony and he registered the marriage and we had to take the certificate to the register office to apply for the official dopulent which is considered as the original.. so I would suggest you get it done like what your lawyer suggested

Reactions: KBDB

ginapie06

Aug 29, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi guys
August 20 -application sent
August 23 -application delivered (Canada Express Post)
August 25- IRCC received the application
(Family class Text message service)

...waiting game begins

ginapie06

Aug 29, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi there, does anybody get same experience before as we sent our application on 11th Aug from Richmond by priority of Canada post, it says guaranteed delivery on 14th Aug. But now we lost the tracking info..it shows item processed still in Richmond now..we phoned CP that saying they cant allocate this package...we have no idea whether it's lost or missed somewhere...anyone here saying we can use reference number to search? what's it? My wife and me are very disappointing on this matter...it's just not started yet...

Thank you for your helpful info!

You could've sent via Xpress post my dear.. do you have tracking number? My husband is from Richmond, he sent our application via Canada Post (Xpress post) with tracking number.. it took only 2-3dats to reach Mississauga

ginapie06

Aug 29, 2017
Category........
FAM
One more question:
What if the Canada Post display no delivery information, then how would we know our package is being received by CIC, just by waiting the AOR1 notice email? I wonder we can check up other way maybe ring CIC to confirm?

Thank you for kindly suggestion.[/QUOTE

Did you sign up to the family sponsor text message service?? If you did you will receive a text message that the IRCC received your application.. Goodluck

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey Lia77,
what's the progress on ur file?
Hi sangam44
They didn't return our whole application instead they asked us to send them the missing documents.
We sent missing documents on 1st August and it was received on 3rd August. So now we are waiting for AOR1.

Reactions: sangam44