+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Shiraz Kamran

Aug 12, 2017
I have send my wife application on 7th August and it was received by David on 9th August by DHL at 2 Robert Speck Parkway. I have just realized that i have made mistake in 2 of the forms, basically i have used the forms IMM 008 version 03-2017 where as current version is 06-2017 and similarly IMM 1344 version used 07-2016 but current version is 06-2017. Could this result in my application being returned? As the versions are one version old? And how long after receiving documents, does an immigration officer may take to respond?

JScribani

Jun 20, 2017
I have send my wife application on 7th August and it was received by David on 9th August by DHL at 2 Robert Speck Parkway. I have just realized that i have made mistake in 2 of the forms, basically i have used the forms IMM 008 version 03-2017 where as current version is 06-2017 and similarly IMM 1344 version used 07-2016 but current version is 06-2017. Could this result in my application being returned? As the versions are one version old? And how long after receiving documents, does an immigration officer may take to respond?
My understanding is that they have been returning a lot of applications lately on the basis of outdated forms, even those that are only out of date by one version. I rechecked all of the versions of my forms on the day before I submitted my application, for this very reason. I think the waiting period depends largely upon how long your postal system will take, but the average I've seen is approx 2 months.

Shiraz Kamran

Aug 12, 2017
My understanding is that they have been returning a lot of applications lately on the basis of outdated forms, even those that are only out of date by one version. I rechecked all of the versions of my forms on the day before I submitted my application, for this very reason. I think the waiting period depends largely upon how long your postal system will take, but the average I've seen is approx 2 months.
Thanks for your prompt reply.

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
so as of now im still the only one whos package hasnt been received yet i sent it in the earliest. im hoping to hear from them on Monday or ill be calling everyone to find it. i guess i should have used a private courier instead of the standard mail signature post. lesson learned ):

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
My application was delivered to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga today! Fingers crossed they start to process it soon!
as far as i know processing of Julys applications has just started so ours wont being until those are done...i think i read 4-6 weeks after being received is the general wait for processing.

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
We sent ours today and it will be delivered monday (Outland - NDVO). I have added us to the spreadsheet. Do you guys have a whatsapp group as well? Good Luck everyone :)

Reactions: betterthanyoko

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
im nervous now.
sent in our package on July 31st from Ireland using registered post requiring signature to Robert Speckway address and havent received text message yet.
i know it wasnt by courier but i just assumed there wouldnt be anyone at a P.O. Box address to sign for it.
did i screw up? ): it should still get sen to the appropriate office right? (im probably being irrational)
Don't worry. Someone on the June Thread had signed for text msg and they never got the text msg. But they still got AOR1 about a month after ;)

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Don't worry. Someone on the June Thread had signed for text msg and they never got the text msg. But they still got AOR1 about a month after ;)
thank you for that :) ill still be calling monday to check but it does ease my mind a bit.

Danielle Reade

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
so as of now im still the only one whos package hasnt been received yet i sent it in the earliest. im hoping to hear from them on Monday or ill be calling everyone to find it. i guess i should have used a private courier instead of the standard mail signature post. lesson learned ):
This happened to me. It took around 2 weeks to be delivered. It was stuck in in New Jersey for a full week, but it did make it there. I tracked mine using the receipt number, I'm not sure what it is called. But if you got a full reciept try to track it with the number on it.

Reactions: betterthanyoko

cango2017

Star Member
Aug 13, 2017
HI guys,
We sent our application outland on last Friday, hopefully received on 15th Aug. Let's keep updated. God blessing us!

Rahul1988

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
hi guys
new to this thread
will be sending my application by next week
any idea whats the current timeline

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Compare the two forms, if the changes were minor you have the possibility it won't be returned. From July thread, we only noticed these changes in July 30th. There are several from July, including me, who are on the same boat, with these "outdated" forms. The only way to know for sure is waiting for the AOR. However, it is unlikely that they would send it back if the information in the forms is okay and there's nothing missing with the application (an agent from CIC told my wife this over the phone). I have not heard so far about someone from July getting the application returned because of outdated forms, nor anyone from this year. They are not returning "a lot of applications" lately for this. Good luck!

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
This happened to me. It took around 2 weeks to be delivered. It was stuck in in New Jersey for a full week, but it did make it there. I tracked mine using the receipt number, I'm not sure what it is called. But if you got a full reciept try to track it with the number on it.
thank you. ya as i mentioned before its been sent from Ireland as registered signed post but can only be tracked in Ireland but theyre supposed to notify me when it gets signed/received. it was quoted at taking 6-9 working days so thatll put it at Monday. if i dont get word by then illl try and track it down through phone calls :)
if not ill just have to sit and wait till it either gets returned or i get AOR in a month.