+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Guys! URGENT! Today my ECAS changed for 'in process' but no additional line appeared nor any e-mail was received. What does it mean? Should I fill "ECAS PRAS in process' in the spreadsheet with today's date?
Our account is not linked so ECAS is my only light in this dark process

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Guys! URGENT! Today my ECAS changed for 'in process' but no additional line appeared nor any e-mail was received. What does it mean? Should I fill "ECAS PRAS in process' in the spreadsheet with today's date?
If it's on the applicant side it means the file has been sent to the visa office, not urgent, you're fine :)

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
If it's on the applicant side it means the file has been sent to the visa office, not urgent, you're fine :)
Oh thanks for quick reply, I just got worried because we never received any e-mail regarding visa office. So do I feel the spreadsheet with this date?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Yes, today would be the date to insert in that column :)

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Thanks, I updated it. Now we should expect an e-mail from VO,correct? It's strange that we never received any e-mail from Missisauga that our application was transferred to VO :(
From what I understand, it's hit or miss. Some people get the email from Mississauga letting them know the app is being transferred, but never get the email from the VO that it was received... some people don't get that email from Mississauga, but get an email from the VO... some get neither. Apparently some VO's just don't send the emails at all. Don't worry about it, as long as ECAS says it's in process you are good.

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
From what I understand, it's hit or miss. Some people get the email from Mississauga letting them know the app is being transferred, but never get the email from the VO that it was received... some people don't get that email from Mississauga, but get an email from the VO... some get neither. Apparently some VO's just don't send the emails at all. Don't worry about it, as long as ECAS says it's in process you are good.
Thank you once again for detailed answer. Then looks like the longest wait begins for us too, will start preparing a lot of patience o_O

Reactions: KBH

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
are you sure the lawyer did not pay that portion out of what you paid them? that's what ours did. It should be in your contract. we paid them a sum to do the app, be our rep, and submit on our behalf and it was all included
I am not completely sure if they paid a portion so i sent them a question regarding to it this morning. All I know we are paying for the $550. Our contract said that government fees aren't included though with our lawyer.

How fast was your process when you had a rep?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I am not completely sure if they paid a portion so i sent them a question regarding to it this morning. All I know we are paying for the $550. Our contract said that government fees aren't included though with our lawyer.

How fast was your process when you had a rep?
we're 8.5m in.
it's slower, they f**** stuff up for us.

you need to check what they paid, you definitely half to pay one of the fees to submit so it must have been done

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
we're 8.5m in.
it's slower, they f**** stuff up for us.

you need to check what they paid, you definitely half to pay one of the fees to submit so it must have been done
and you applied for outland? Im assuming going to a lawyer with a straight forward situation just made it complicated for us. :(

Thank you so much for your responses! Will definitely ask them about those payments!

aiz19

Star Member
May 22, 2013
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-10-2017
Such a frustrating process. Haven't been able to link my account for 6 weeks. Either says I made a mistake or I get an error saying the system is not available. That aside, I submitted by Police clearance and Schedule A by uploading the documents about 2 weeks ago. Took a week for them just to acknowledge that I uploaded something and that it would be forwarded to the applicable section.. medicals are done and have been for 4 weeks and still no updates other than Medicals received.. No updates on police clearances or background being received or accepted. Just frustrating.. I have been through this process in the USA before and even that was so much simpler that this.
Similar case here... uploaded sched a and pcc thru webform oct.31, also sent them via mail oct.30.. still no update . Last line is medical received. So frustrating.