Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-15
Med's Done....
04-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Received an email yesterday requesting our marriage certificate; they claim we sent the license rather than a valid marriage certificate when in fact we sent the certified long form certificate. Nonetheless we overnighted the file size certificate to them and hopefully that should be what they want. Thank goodness we ordered both versions at the same time, although it's irritating that the MORE official version is apparently not sufficient.

Online status switched to "in process" today-- hopefully the decision will follow soon after.

Does anyone know how long you have to move after we flagpole? Assuming we get our decision this month, my medicals expire July 4 and I don't want to have to quit my job on super short notice. I work in a small office and it wouldn't be fair to not give them at least two weeks notice, if not more..

YY.Li

Jun 3, 2015
I'm applying it from China.

Oct.2014 My husband's sponsorship approved
14 Nov. 2014 Received a confirmation letter from CIC about my application
25 Mar. 2015 Received a letter from embassy in Beijing saying my files have been transferred to Canadian Consulate in HongKong
2 Jun. 2015 Medical examination requested (the one I did last year for application is going to be expired this month, so perhaps that's why they asked me to do it again)

I guess I'm almost there, right?

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Elindarling said:
Received an email yesterday requesting our marriage certificate; they claim we sent the license rather than a valid marriage certificate when in fact we sent the certified long form certificate. Nonetheless we overnighted the file size certificate to them and hopefully that should be what they want. Thank goodness we ordered both versions at the same time, although it's irritating that the MORE official version is apparently not sufficient.

Online status switched to "in process" today-- hopefully the decision will follow soon after.

Does anyone know how long you have to move after we flagpole? Assuming we get our decision this month, my medicals expire July 4 and I don't want to have to quit my job on super short notice. I work in a small office and it wouldn't be fair to not give them at least two weeks notice, if not more..
We got that same request, that they've asked for marriage certificate what we sent was the other. I only sent in the short form and they've never requested anything else. That was almost a month ago. We still haven't gotten an "in process" yet but also applied two/three weeks after you. Typically from what I've heard is it goes in process then literally almost straight to DM. But you NEVER know with them. I think when flagpoling they give you a few months. But you'll have to double check, could be 4 weeks too just going off what I've read. I was in the same position worked in a small office and didn't want to give them short notice. So knowing where I was heading back in Jan. I gave them a month//two month notice and left in March. Probably give them the heads up that your leaving shortly. You never know how sporatic immigration can be, lol. Congratulations too, for the in process. It's a step in the right direction!

Tollah

May 31, 2015
UK - London
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
msbigshot said:
Any August applications still out there waiting..? I'm hearing of September apps getting CoPR..... That's frustrating..
I'm new here but I am an August application (13th) and we're still waiting. Stays not changed from 'Application Received' since we submitted. Had a request for further documents in April (15th) which we got back to them in 2 weeks and still haven't heard anything. It is frustrating that people who applied after us are getting DM and I even saw someone who applied in January '15 who has DM already?

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
msbigshot said:
THEY LOST?!?!?!?! I would be knocking some heads together. How do they lose an entire file!? Grr, that's such a bummer. I'm hoping they figure their crap out soon.
It is the only way I could see them asking for my FBI clearance, marriage certificate and relationship proof again when I had already sent them everything.

They then emailed me back and said they would accept a copy of my FBI clearance "since it appears the original was already submitted"

If they know I submitted the oriniglal why do they need a copy? Lol

Also, they want relationship proof? I sent in 532 pages of relationship proof. Since when do they need more for a USA applicant?

My notes even say on 10/28/14 they confirmed relationship between SPR an PA with marriage certificate. (Entered by CPC-M) and now they want it again?

They lost it all and now want me to replace it. Which I did. Now waiting.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Tollah said:
I'm new here but I am an August application (13th) and we're still waiting. Stays not changed from 'Application Received' since we submitted. Had a request for further documents in April (15th) which we got back to them in 2 weeks and still haven't heard anything. It is frustrating that people who applied after us are getting DM and I even saw someone who applied in January '15 who has DM already?
Yeah I saw that too about the January '15 thing. That really upsets/frustrates/confuses me.. Sounds like you and I are in similar situations in terms of requesting more info, & application received. The only documents they requested were, that my sponsor had intended to reside in Canada (which he has his whole life...) & our marriage cert back in March. I however, screwed that up and sent in the marriage license. But everything has been sent in as of May 15th. So now it's a waiting game...I keep thinking just a few more weeks and hopefully it'll be over. But technically the "time" length is 15-16 months, so I'm just 5 months shy of that... They really test your patience! :eek:

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Mariac819 said:
It is the only way I could see them asking for my FBI clearance, marriage certificate and relationship proof again when I had already sent them everything.

They then emailed me back and said they would accept a copy of my FBI clearance "since it appears the original was already submitted"

If they know I submitted the oriniglal why do they need a copy? Lol

Also, they want relationship proof? I sent in 532 pages of relationship proof. Since when do they need more for a USA applicant?

My notes even say on 10/28/14 they confirmed relationship between SPR an PA with marriage certificate. (Entered by CPC-M) and now they want it again?

They lost it all and now want me to replace it. Which I did. Now waiting.
Sounds like someone made a big mistake but won't take responsibility for it. So they'll play it off and request the information. 532 pages, my mind is blown...lol How can you not decide in 532 pages if the relationship is genuine...? They'd be better off just to bring you in for an interview if that's the case. Are you speaking with your MP?

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
IP: July 21 DM: July 28 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 8 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on August 17th 2015
msbigshot said:
Yeah I saw that too about the January '15 thing. That really upsets/frustrates/confuses me.. Sounds like you and I are in similar situations in terms of requesting more info, & application received. The only documents they requested were, that my sponsor had intended to reside in Canada (which he has his whole life...) & our marriage cert back in March. I however, screwed that up and sent in the marriage license. But everything has been sent in as of May 15th. So now it's a waiting game...I keep thinking just a few more weeks and hopefully it'll be over. But technically the "time" length is 15-16 months, so I'm just 5 months shy of that... They really test your patience! :eek:
I've send the exact same thing. Document proving relationship with family-member + spouse intent to re-establish in Canada. Well, we have send it with the original application, i think they've lost it.
We've send it of May 25 via email. I hope it will take not that long anymore.

Hang in there msbigshot. Your time will come very soon.

Tollah

May 31, 2015
UK - London
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
msbigshot said:
I had exactly the same documents requested. The intent to settle in Canada (which I didn't understand because they've already accepted my fiancee as the sponsor why do they need further proof she's planning to return to her own country?) and they wanted the declaration of common law union because we're not getting married until next year.

On a separate note, is anyone aware if they request additional documents more than once? Or is the one email requesting additional evidence from me all that I will get from them?

Thanks so much guys for your comments. They really do make me feel a whole lot better about the situation. Not having a light at the end of the tunnel and having your life on hold is far from ideal.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
msbigshot said:
Sounds like someone made a big mistake but won't take responsibility for it. So they'll play it off and request the information. 532 pages, my mind is blown...lol How can you not decide in 532 pages if the relationship is genuine...? They'd be better off just to bring you in for an interview if that's the case. Are you speaking with your MP?
Our MP is useless. 3 weeks ago we contacted them and they claim they have yet to hear back from CIC. USELESS...

Called CIC today and they told me my notes say "Accept Copy of FBI clearance since original was misplaced"

I ordered notes that also arrived today and it says "Not enough relationship proof" which triggered the request I got.

I honestly think someone somewhere just misplaced my 5 envelopes with the relationship proof.

Long story short, I now wait. I submitted proof again. This time only 91 pages and I sent pictures of my original application package, plus my husband and I holding it. Showing them that it was the real application. I asked them nicely to please find it or to make a decision with what I sent.

We shall see what happens at this point.

according to my notes I went IP 04/30/15. However, as of today the FBI "copy" had not been attached to my application. I sent it 3 weeks ago.

There is a lot of "carp" going on with my application. I decided to go to the media since losing over 500 pages is a HUGE error. They are inquiring into our application as we speak.

I just hope it gets resolved quickly. If I had to wait because it was taking time to process fine, but they really screwed us over. Not to mentioned all the extra $ $$$$ we had to pay to get new FBI check (we didnt know they would accept copy so I sent out new prints)... all the $$$$ for new printing and express mail. It has been a real nightmare.

It broke our heart to see all our hard work go to waste. :(

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
IP: July 21 DM: July 28 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 8 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on August 17th 2015
Maria, I have a question, did you send the requested documents via email?

I see some people from the Ottawa VO with received date December and January getting DM.
It doesn't make any sense to me. What are they doing?

I really hope we all here soon. I can't think of anything else anymore.

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Tollah said:
On a separate note, is anyone aware if they request additional documents more than once? Or is the one email requesting additional evidence from me all that I will get from them?
I doubt they will unless what you've sent is not sufficient enough.
Also, did you email or mail your documents? I originally mailed in our stuff then they emailed me asking for the marriage cert, they said I could email and attach it directly to the email they sent. So I did, & typically I would get the DO NOT RESPOND message that it's automated and it'll be sent. I didn't get that when I emailed them back, is this because it specifically went to the officer working my application? Just nervous I screwed something up. They make you think all your right decisions!

Tollah

May 31, 2015
UK - London
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
msbigshot said:
I doubt they will unless what you've sent is not sufficient enough.
Also, did you email or mail your documents? I originally mailed in our stuff then they emailed me asking for the marriage cert, they said I could email and attach it directly to the email they sent. So I did, & typically I would get the DO NOT RESPOND message that it's automated and it'll be sent. I didn't get that when I emailed them back, is this because it specifically went to the officer working my application? Just nervous I screwed something up. They make you think all your right decisions!
Yeah I couldn't agree more. We're re-thinking everything since our application has stuck on the same thing for 10 months. I don't think that you did anything wrong. I've always got the DO NOT RESPOND email but I think that's because I've gone via the email address itself I think if you reply it does go straight to the officer who sent you the email as you said.

Tollah

May 31, 2015
UK - London
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
Hey Guys,

Still heard nothing since we sent our additional documents in back in May. :( Been stuck on 'Application Received' ever since we sent the application in in August. We have requested information about our application from CIC and now need to wait 30 days for that but I suppose I just wanted to see if anyone from August 2014 is getting any positive news?

Really hard to plan the future when you don't know what's going on. Hope everyone is doing well.

Tollah

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
I believe when it says: confirmed relationship with sponsor, it means that they are checking if you are in fact a member of the family class, ie married or common-law. The marriage certificate confirms that you are spouses, so Mississauga can tick off that box.
The confirmation that the relationship is genuine comes later, when the VO looks at it. If you look at the dates, that confirmation comes from Mississauga before Stage 1 approval, and we know that Mississauga is more concerned with the sponsor than the applicant.