+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2014 OUTLAND Applicants

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
193
48
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
24-09-2014 (updated IMM1344), Submitted October 2014
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2015, Full Hearing December 7, 2016, Oral Decision given right away, Written Decision received December 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Request for Updated Forms,Medical &Police Clearances: January 23, 2017, Emailed Scanned Copies February 22,2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Very Happywife said:
Our medical was done July 16,2014,not yet expired.about medical validity,it depends on the visa officer if they ask you to do remedical again or not ,so just wait until they message you about it..online status is not accurate,because we don't have changes on online except the current and present address,so I suggest you to don't rely so much on ecas cause it's frustrating...hoping for the best of your application and so to others ..when will your medical expires?
medical was done July 28, 2014. i will probably wait longer because of security check. had been working /living in other countries up to the present.
 

Very Happywife

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
189
2
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
AOR Received.
05-11-2014
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dm:20-03-2015 Voh april 21,2015
LANDED..........
may 3 2015
brookslakeside said:
medical was done July 28, 2014. i will probably wait longer because of security check. had been working /living in other countries up to the present.
You should wait ,you cannot do any remed if they don't ask you to do it..
 

angel2812

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
82
3
121
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th aug 2014
AOR Received.
19th november2014
File Transfer...
19th november2014
Med's Done....
17th july2014 Remed- 17th aug 2015
Interview........
waived acc to notes
Passport Req..
IP- 10th sept DM and PPR -28th sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
6th oct 2015
one more week gone by...:((((
is the update done only 1ce a week?
 

Mariac819

Hero Member
Feb 29, 2012
967
43
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
ascouple said:
Wondering if anyone has had any experience with changing their address in Canada for the application. My fiance and I had to move unexpectedly (I am here just as visitor waiting for the application to come through). We applied with CIC to change the address on their end, and it said it could take a couple of weeks. We also did the mail forwarding with Candada Post. But now I am reading from their website that some letter from Government offices cannot be forwarded. Does anyone have experience with this and know if CIC mail CAN be forwarded?

Thanks so much!

A&S
If the address is being changed from a Canadian to another Canadian address it can be done online through ECAS. If you experience problems or if you are changing from a USA address to a Canadian address just email Ottawa VO, provide all your case identifying information and state you are looking to update mailing / residence address. They will do it. They answered me back in 7 days and changed it for me.
 

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
148
4
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
Mariac819 said:
If the address is being changed from a Canadian to another Canadian address it can be done online through ECAS. If you experience problems or if you are changing from a USA address to a Canadian address just email Ottawa VO, provide all your case identifying information and state you are looking to update mailing / residence address. They will do it. They answered me back in 7 days and changed it for me.
Great info, Thank you Mariac819!!
 

yukonjames

Star Member
May 27, 2014
93
1
Visa Office......
canada/manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
next few weeks
any other august applicants get DM yet?
we still waiting on visa, was approved March 20 and said visa package would be sent shortly. you would think after so many trips to the Philippines I would remember shortly in Philippines means something different than shortly in Canada. :)
I hope the DM's start coming for the august applicants
good luck everyone
 

bornil

Newbie
Sep 2, 2014
9
0
yukonjames said:
any other august applicants get DM yet?
we still waiting on visa, was approved March 20 and said visa package would be sent shortly. you would think after so many trips to the Philippines I would remember shortly in Philippines means something different than shortly in Canada. :)
I hope the DM's start coming for the august applicants
good luck everyone
hi yukonjames. did u received letter (email or regular mail?) from CIC that your visa was approved?
I got my DM las feb 2015. and PPR last week. but I don't have letter regarding VISA was approved.
 

yukonjames

Star Member
May 27, 2014
93
1
Visa Office......
canada/manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
next few weeks
Received email stating application was finalized and visa package would be shipped shortly . That was march 20
 

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
156
5
120
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
IP: July 21 DM: July 28 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 8 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on August 17th 2015
yukonjames said:
Received email stating application was finalized and visa package would be shipped shortly . That was march 20
The processing time could be 35 calendar days. You probably get it in a view days. Good luck! :D

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp
 

quasar81

Hero Member
Feb 27, 2014
464
52
Anybody whose application is in Ottawa office got approved? Just curious.

Myself October applicant with application now in Ottawa...Checking where the August folks stand :)
 

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
182
3
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
Landed yesterday (flagpolled). Just in case anyone is trying to drive across at Buffalo, you actually are allowed to simply make a U-turn before the bridge to US to come back to immigration in Canada. The officer jokingly asked if I did that. I actually went to grab dinner in the US and came back (just for fun). But the spot is still open for people to U-turn. I've read hear that they don't allow it...but they do.

PR card will take 6-8 weeks. Caution...you may not be able to travel outside Canada until you get your PR card. Officer said the airline may not accept the temporary paper stapled into your passport as a valid travel document. Canadian immigration will accept it, but you need to get by the airline people to get on your return flight back to Canada (leaving Canada will be no issue). Just something I was told...
 

Mariac819

Hero Member
Feb 29, 2012
967
43
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
quasar81 said:
Anybody whose application is in Ottawa office got approved? Just curious.

Myself October applicant with application now in Ottawa...Checking where the August folks stand :)
I saw one applicant from Aug 13 went "in process" on March 30th. Ottawa VO.
 

oconnoec

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
59
1
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Medical
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 16, 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
April 13, 2014
LANDED..........
Already in canada on temp work visa... hopefully PR landing soon!
Mariac819 said:
I saw one applicant from Aug 13 went "in process" on March 30th. Ottawa VO.
More progress in Ottawa.. finally got my Decision Made on ecas! Just waiting to hear what this decision means... I'm assuming I will hear via snail mail.

App filed: August 13, 2014
SA: Sept 19, 2014
In Process: March 30, 2015
Decision Made: April 8, 2015 !!!!

hopeful to get COPR in the mail sometime soon. Good luck to everyone else who applied around the same time!
 

Mulez

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
156
5
120
the Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12 2014
Doc's Request.
Yes, May 22 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 28 2014 SA
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 4 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
IP: July 21 DM: July 28 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: August 8 2015
LANDED..........
Landed on August 17th 2015
oconnoec said:
More progress in Ottawa.. finally got my Decision Made on ecas! Just waiting to hear what this decision means... I'm assuming I will hear via snail mail.

App filed: August 13, 2014
SA: Sept 19, 2014
In Process: March 30, 2015
Decision Made: April 8, 2015 !!!!

hopeful to get COPR in the mail sometime soon. Good luck to everyone else who applied around the same time!
This is such great news! Awesome. Congratulations!!! Finally the august folk start hearing something!!
Have a save landing! :D
 

msbigshot

Hero Member
Jul 4, 2011
240
0
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
ECAS still says Application received, but as expected. Finally sent out my papers for the request of documents that I received second to last week of March so hopefully I'll hear something soon or get an in process. My med expires this month and my FBI checked expired long ago....Will be interesting to see what happens. Good Luck to those still waiting and congratulations to those who have landed or received DM!