Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
Repost from another thread I started... but, as it's relevant to this very popular August thread, posting here too in case it helps:

I took my test today at Mississauga @ 7:45am. Here's an account of my experience:

I got there 15min prior, was dropped off, but I did see that there's parking in the back. The waiting room was full and most everyone was studying or very quiet (I mean, it was 7:45am). At around 7:45 they ushered us into the test-taking room.

The Test: Very easy. I finished it in under 2min and was the first to bring it up and wait outside the room. Read the Discover Canada book and do these practice tests:

http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/toronto_ontario_canada_citizenship_test.php

And you'll be fine. But read the Discover Canada book! Do this a few times, and you'll do ok!

The Interview: Mine was incredibly short, I was shocked actually. Interview was very "neutral" - I've seen accounts that they're mostly friendly - this person was just very neutral. Interviewer flipped through my application, asked me where my parents were, where my siblings were, how I met my spouse, status in the states, job, all the regular stuff you would expect. The thing that I found very surprising is that even though I had prepared and prepared an explanation as to why I put the wrong date down in my residence calculator (I didn't have the stamp so I miscalculated the date, but I did have the boarding pass) - didn't ask about it. I got the feeling that it was all very routine, and they had already moved me through. All in all, very efficient.

Also, although I brought all my documents, the interviewer was not interested in anything except my identity documents. I will say that having my marriage certificate on me was a good because I actually blanked on the exact date of my marriage!

I would say that I was really nervous going into this process and didn't expect it to be as smooth as it was. So, my advice, based on my experience, is to come prepared with all the mandatory documents (everything in the test notice) and bring your secondary support documents if it makes you feel better. It helped me be more confident that's for sure.

My impression was that if you make it to the test, they're really just going to verify your identity. If you have a lot of travel, they may ask you about it in detail (other posts on this forum are better for that information, I had only done a few trips to the States). If you've been unemployed, be prepared to talk about it a little bit.

Good luck everyone!

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience.
If you don't mind what was your status in the states? Did you have US work permit stamps on your passport?
Was part of the 4 years relevant period in the states.

thanks

melissaida said:
Repost from another thread I started... but, as it's relevant to this very popular August thread, posting here too in case it helps:

I took my test today at Mississauga @ 7:45am. Here's an account of my experience:

I got there 15min prior, was dropped off, but I did see that there's parking in the back. The waiting room was full and most everyone was studying or very quiet (I mean, it was 7:45am). At around 7:45 they ushered us into the test-taking room.

The Test: Very easy. I finished it in under 2min and was the first to bring it up and wait outside the room. Read the Discover Canada book and do these practice tests:

And you'll be fine. But read the Discover Canada book! Do this a few times, and you'll do ok!

The Interview: Mine was incredibly short, I was shocked actually. Interview was very "neutral" - I've seen accounts that they're mostly friendly - this person was just very neutral. Interviewer flipped through my application, asked me where my parents were, where my siblings were, how I met my spouse, status in the states, job, all the regular stuff you would expect. The thing that I found very surprising is that even though I had prepared and prepared an explanation as to why I put the wrong date down in my residence calculator (I didn't have the stamp so I miscalculated the date, but I did have the boarding pass) - didn't ask about it. I got the feeling that it was all very routine, and they had already moved me through. All in all, very efficient.

Also, although I brought all my documents, the interviewer was not interested in anything except my identity documents. I will say that having my marriage certificate on me was a good because I actually blanked on the exact date of my marriage!

I would say that I was really nervous going into this process and didn't expect it to be as smooth as it was. So, my advice, based on my experience, is to come prepared with all the mandatory documents (everything in the test notice) and bring your secondary support documents if it makes you feel better. It helped me be more confident that's for sure.

My impression was that if you make it to the test, they're really just going to verify your identity. If you have a lot of travel, they may ask you about it in detail (other posts on this forum are better for that information, I had only done a few trips to the States). If you've been unemployed, be prepared to talk about it a little bit.

Good luck everyone!

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
I had F-1 status.

None of my time in the states was relevant to the four years preceding my application.

arambi said:
Thanks for sharing your experience.
If you don't mind what was your status in the states? Did you have US work permit stamps on your passport?
Was part of the 4 years relevant period in the states.

thanks

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
melissaida said:

Good luck everyone!
Was there any questions related to date..? can we expect questions regarding subjects which could change over time like for example...the present mayor of calgary,governor of alberta or the finance minister of canada..

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
Hi Sgimmy - unfortunately they specifically instruct us to not talk about the test questions with anyone so I can only speak of my experience being it was not hard - but as I said, I'd study the Discover Canada guide a lot and I would do practice tests specific to your province.

If you do this, you'll be ok!

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lil confused with citizenship forms.

They asked
1) when did I get PR
2) when did I come to live in Canada.

So a lil background, I came here as a student then applied for PR and got it. Stayed for a month n went back home for 2 1/2hrs. So what date am I putting in there for 2nd question. Same as PR? Or when I orginally came as student or after I came back from home which is 21/2yrs later.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
latitudeofgratitude said:
Things seem to be moving well in January, Congrats Donvalley and Def- Col- Male

I have a little update of my own.

• I Submitted my application in late August, updated as received as of September 2nd
  • As per Call centre staff in December, my file was transferred to my local awaiting test in December 2014, I went ahead and presumed this to be Mississauga.
  • I along with at least 3 other September applicants have received FPR, this week. (the letter in my case was dated January 13, requesting office St.Clair)

Don't know if this is designed to slow or accelerate my application, but I shall be submitting the requested soon.
I saw you created a thread about FP earlier and now you got FP'd ! Is this just a coincidence or you anticipated it ahead for some reason? Please never mind, just asking...

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
akheya said:

They asked
1) when did I get PR

So a lil background, I came here as a student then applied for PR and got it. Stayed for a month n went back home for 2 1/2hrs. So what date am I putting in there for 2nd question. Same as PR? Or when I orginally came as student or after I came back from home which is 21/2yrs later.
Please be more specific next time, give some sample dates to make replying easy.

1. Date of "PR and got it"
2. Date of "came here as a student"

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Hello Donvalley,
I checked Aug spreadsheet seems a few applicants not even in process yet including me. What're ur opinions?
I felt very jealous that most of east coast applicants got test invited and oath but west province.

Thanks,

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akheya said:

They asked
1) when did I get PR

1. Date of you got PR: The date on on the Landing Paper (The date you became PR)
2. Date of Entry: The date you entered Canada, The status does not matter.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
I saw you created a thread about FP earlier and now you got FP'd ! Is this just a coincidence or you anticipated it ahead for some reason? Please never mind, just asking...

Hi Donvalley,

No Offence taken, Thats what I also asked myself, (did I jinx myself? lol) But no, I did not anticipate it at all... Especially with my name being what it is.

Interestingly enough,
Just a little while back a colleague of mine who had an application in process had gotten a FPR, poor thing seemed even more confused after listening to the many different "opinions" as to why it may have been requested, but no-one was able to give any logical reason as to why he may have gotten one.

I found I wasn't able to offer much of an input either, so out of curiosity, coupled with the fact that I was also an applicant myself, I felt it would be good to try and understand what causes FPRs; since prior to now I had not heard of too many.
(Admittedly, I began wondering mmm... was my colleaque a criminal or was this a new thing?)

This led me back to the threads both to share the happenings as well as to get some opinions.
However, I noticed that there was also a lot of uncertainty around FPR's on the forum as well, (similar to received line disappearing) everyone seemed to have their own ideas, but no-one really knows.
This led me to do some research to see if I could assist in making sense of some of the theories,(for the most part I became more confused ) As I went ahead I posted my findings on a thread relating to FPR's, so that; up to date findings and stats could be compared by other applicants if needed.

In the process, I learnt the valuable lesson:
"Thou shall not judge" when just weeks later I along with other applicants from September were also sporting FPR's.

Letter in hand...I couldn't help but chuckle at myself for prejudging someone else's situation, and now the "universe" for want of a better word, seemed to be saying to me "this will teach you" lol
Coincidence?... nah, lesson learnt though, no-one really knows why CIC does anything,
as long as we are applicants anyone can be requested to submit whatever CIC requires to complete the processing of an application, we just have to comply.

P.s Hope you made it to the end of the essay. :) ( I am just too wide awake)

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I came to canada on student permit in aug 2000. i got my PR on oct 14 2008.
I stayed in canada for a month or so and left for home country on nov 20 2008, and came back april 2011.

so my question in citizenship forms is

6a Date you became permanent resident(landed immigrant)? - OCT 14 2008
6B When did you first come to canada to live if different from A? - I dont know which date am i suppose to put here.

Hope this helps

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
akheya said:
I came to canada on student permit in aug 2000. i got my PR on oct 14 2008.
I stayed in canada for a month or so and left for home country on nov 20 2008, and came back april 2011.

so my question in citizenship forms is

6a Date you became permanent resident(landed immigrant)? - OCT 14 2008
6B When did you first come to canada to live if different from A? - I dont know which date am i suppose to put here.

Hope this helps
The day you entered canada as a student

akheya

Dec 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really? as student? coz thats whats confusing me. I mean i came as a student not intent to live here as a resident. Unless thats not what they are asking as a resident or not resident.