CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
I got a refusal which CIC based on the lack of 24 months employment experience. BUT IN FACT I only needed 12 months of work experience as I graduated from the Canadian educational institution. The officer didn't look into my application/documents properly and considered me as a skilled worker with 24 months work experience but I was applying under the Post-Graduate Stream (1 year studying + 1 year work experience). Here is the original letter from CIC:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 0124 Marketing Manager.

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because I am not satisfied that you have acquired at least 24 months of full time work experience before the date of application, in an occupation listed as a NOC O, A, or B skill level. Your employment letter from ABC indicates you worked less than 18 months. Your employment letter from XYZ does not indicate the hours you worked and it did not specify any duties. As a result, I am not satisfied that you have the required length of experience and that you have performed NOC 0124 as defined by the lead statement and main duties of the National Occupational Classification matrix.

The officer mentioned my previous Employer XYZ whom I didn’t even include into my work experience as I only needed 12 month and at the moment I applied I had almost 18 months with my current Employer ABC. The reason why I didn’t want to include the XYZ Employer was that XYZ was a very small company and I know that my ex boss had problems with Canada Revenue because he didn’t pay taxes. I never included XYZ letter of employment but the officer mentioned one in the refusal email. I only provided a reference letter from XYZ.
I talked to my lawyer and she is sending the reconsideration letter to CIC today because it is clearly a mistake on their end. I did include the official transcript as well as the post-grad certificate but the officer didn't even mention it.

Do you guys think there is a chance for my application to be revised/reconsidered?

Thanks!

Akrep

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-October-2012
AOR Received.
11-December-2012
IELTS Request
Sent via application
Med's Request
09-June-2013
Med's Done....
18-June-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-July-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-July-1013
LANDED..........
3-August-2013
First of all I am very sorry to hear your rejection.

As far as I know, being eligible to apply under Post-Graduate stream your program should be at least two-year program.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ceclina said:
I got a refusal which CIC based on the lack of 24 months employment experience. BUT IN FACT I only needed 12 months of work experience as I graduated from the Canadian educational institution. The officer didn't look into my application/documents properly and considered me as a skilled worker with 24 months work experience but I was applying under the Post-Graduate Stream (1 year studying + 1 year work experience). Here is the original letter from CIC:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

· knowledge of English or French,

· Canadian skilled work experience,

· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 0124 Marketing Manager.

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because I am not satisfied that you have acquired at least 24 months of full time work experience before the date of application, in an occupation listed as a NOC O, A, or B skill level. Your employment letter from ABC indicates you worked less than 18 months. Your employment letter from XYZ does not indicate the hours you worked and it did not specify any duties. As a result, I am not satisfied that you have the required length of experience and that you have performed NOC 0124 as defined by the lead statement and main duties of the National Occupational Classification matrix.

The officer mentioned my previous Employer XYZ whom I didn't even include into my work experience as I only needed 12 month and at the moment I applied I had almost 18 months with my current Employer ABC. The reason why I didn't want to include the XYZ Employer was that XYZ was a very small company and I know that my ex boss had problems with Canada Revenue because he didn't pay taxes. I never included XYZ letter of employment but the officer mentioned one in the refusal email. I only provided a reference letter from XYZ.
I talked to my lawyer and she is sending the reconsideration letter to CIC today because it is clearly a mistake on their end. I did include the official transcript as well as the post-grad certificate but the officer didn't even mention it.

Do you guys think there is a chance for my application to be revised/reconsidered?

Thanks!
Quoting from OP25A (pre 2013 regs):-

Under this stream the applicant must have:
 completed a required program of study in Canada and obtained a Canadian educational credential (e.g., degree, diploma, or certificate);
 been enrolled full-time in this program of study or training for two years (see sections 6.3 and 9.11 for more details);
 acquired, in Canada, at least 12 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience in a NOC type 0, or level A or B occupation, within the 24 months before the date the application is made. (see Section 9.11 for more details).

So it looks like you don't qualify for the post grad scheme and that's why you were assessed on 24 months of work experience. Are you using a lawyer or a consultant? They should have known this!!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25-eng.pdf

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
Sorry I meant I did 2 years post-grad program + 1 year working experience

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
this made me qualified under the post-graduate stream

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ceclina said:
this made me qualified under the post-graduate stream
You studied FT right? If so, I think your lawyer should be able to appeal !

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
Yes I was a full-time student

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
Did you list both employers, XYZ and ABC on Schedule 008?

Ceclina said:
Sorry I meant I did 2 years post-grad program + 1 year working experience

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
I did but I only needed 12 month of work experience. In fact I had 2 years including ABC & XYZ

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
Its definitely look like Mistake by Visa Officer. Order your GCMS notes ASAP to see more information on your file.
VO just evaluated your application based on 2 years experience stream.

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
agreed with bickyii. Order GCMS notes to see rationale behind refusal. were you full time EVERY semester, for the two years you were a student? Fall-Winter, Fall -Winter? i.e was it clearly indicated on your transcript that you were full time?

bickyii said:
Its definitely look like Mistake by Visa Officer. Order your GCMS notes ASAP to see more information on your file.
VO just evaluated your application based on 2 years experience stream.

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
yes i was a full time student with no breaks in between and it was clearly indicated on my official transcript.
I ordered the notes on June 6th but still haven't received it. I got an email form CIC that the notes are in progress and will be delivered to me soon.

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
ok good luck. the good news is that under the new rules you easily qualify. After you see your GCMS notes you can decide what action to take...

Ceclina said:
yes i was a full time student with no breaks in between and it was clearly indicated on my official transcript.
I ordered the notes on June 6th but still haven't received it. I got an email form CIC that the notes are in progress and will be delivered to me soon.

Ceclina

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/30/2013
AOR Received.
29/11/2013
random123 said:
ok good luck. the good news is that under the new rules you easily qualify. After you see your GCMS notes you can decide what action to take...
yes but I was qualified under old rules as well.

It will be frustrating if I have to reapply and go through the same process again.

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
what i meant was under the new rules, with just one stream there is less potential for confusion.

Like i said, the decision will be yours once you see your GCMS notes. Appeal /attempt to get a reconsideration or reapply.
Ceclina said:
yes but I was qualified under old rules as well.

It will be frustrating if I have to reapply and go through the same process again.