+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2011 applicants lets get the waiting game started :)

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Which one did you write in the forms and submit a copy of? Spanish or argentine, send the same one...

Am just gonna list down things i think will follow...may not even bring them later in the future but just in case, but to land no goods accompanying except loads of sweaters and thick winter jackets...so my list of accompanying goods will probably be :

A) 2 suitcases of clothing 8)

Sleeping with a/c at 16degrees to acclimatize...i know, no where near canadian winters, I would have slept in the fridge if i'd fit LOL

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
Ok guys, update:

I spoke to an agent at the call centre and this is what he said

although we were approved on October 28, 2011, and file was transferred on same day, apparently, the file was sent out to ND on November 21, 2011, hence, we haven't heard anything yet.

He also said that once sponsorships are approved and to be sent out to the respective VO's, it's random, meaning whatever files they pick up, they send out in batches, that's why a lot of people who might have had applications approved would see people before or after them getting ecas changes, aors,ppr's cos it's random, as they receive it at VO's.

He also noticed that for ecas, i have to enter my hubby's first and last name cos that's how they have it in the system

Oh well, I guess we have to wait some days more.

Have a great weekend y' all!

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
Question about ecas..

I can look up info with my client id information...only my address appears, then when I look at spnsored person I see my husbands name -Decesion made -and- Application Recieved, I can click on either of them and they give me info...would my husbands address have to appear anywhere or is there another way to look up ecas to get his information? or is this the only way?

I'm a little confused!

thanks peeps :)

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
pegasusyt said:
I have PPR?! My file was sent to the VO on November 24! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! I'm freaking out, guys!
Congrats pegasusyt :)

Really happy for you!

B

bdh

Yesss!!! We got our approval letter in the mail today!!!! That was such happy news to see that finally. Now on to the next step :D

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@bdh

Congrats on approval,..

@maple

I am really not sure how true the agent was !! I have lost trust on them... :) :)

Yours was really late as per your approval date if the agent was true. Try to cross check and call them again next week and ask them when your file was transferred. ;) ;)

ours was approved on Oct 20 and file was transferred on Oct 25 as per the agent.

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
@pegasusyt , bdh
Congratulation :)

@mapledreams

Random file transferring doesn't really make sense specially for CPC-M. I would agree if they say, they wait for few files for same VO to pile up and then they send them together but I have a hard time believing in what your agent said.
Are you able to log in to eCAS with F number?

B

bdh

@ kuku

Thanks so much. Question? If we just got our approval letter today, how long does it take to reach the V.O? Once it reaches the V.O does my husband need to land before his medical expiry or passport expiry? My husband's medical expires Feb, 01, 2011 and PP in June. If it is only a couple of months before medical expiry, will they look at our case quicker or not? My husband also mentioned that we cannot get another medical before they request another one. Thanks any help is appreciated!!

@ newdelhi2011

Thanks soo much!! :D

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
bdh said:
@ kuku

Thanks so much. Question? If we just got our approval letter today, how long does it take to reach the V.O? Once it reaches the V.O does my husband need to land before his medical expiry or passport expiry. My husband's medical expires Feb, 01, 2011 and PP in June. If it is only a couple of months before medical expiry, will they look at our case quicker or not? My husband also mentioned that we cannot get another medical before the request another one. Thanks any help is appreciated!!
usually CPC M sends most of the application within 1 week of approval...but again as per the above posts they send in batches. So sometimes it might get delayed..

Usually PR Visa has expiry date which is the same as medical expiry. So he needs to land before that. They wont see your case quicker only because medical is expiring, but unfortunately, your husband might have to re do it if VO hasn't finished your case before the expiry and they might send your husband a request to redo medical in that case.
So it really depends on how fast your VO works on the application.
Good luck and I wish your husband gets his visa before medical expiry.

B

bdh

kuku said:
usually CPC M sends most of the application within 1 week of approval...but again as per the above posts they send in batches. So sometimes it might get delayed..

Usually PR Visa has expiry date which is the same as medical expiry. So he needs to land before that. They wont see your case quicker only because medical is expiring, but unfortunately, your husband might have to re do it if VO hasn't finished your case before the expiry and they might send your husband a request to redo medical in that case.
@ kuku

Thanks so much for the advise. It is just puzzling for us as we are in the next phase and not sure what to expect from here, but it is just nice seeing the approval with our own eyes. Thanks for the best wishes and all your help. ;D

Indigo

Oct 22, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin, Germany
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012 (COPR)
LANDED..........
22-01-2012
kuku said:

You have to land before your medical expires (1 year after having done it) or before your passport expires, whichever comes first. I'd call CIC to ask them for advice, but Feb 1 is really soon, so it sounds like a new passport is a good idea.

B

bdh

Indigo said:
You have to land before your medical expires (1 year after having done it) or before your passport expires, whichever comes first. I'd call CIC to ask them for advice, but Feb 1 is really soon, so it sounds like a new passport is a good idea.
@ Indigo

As said in my last post, it is my husband's medical that expires in February, his PP expires in June. So if the medical expires before then, and his PP expires in June, I guess he will have to have another one done then in February after the date. Which will really suck prolonging everything all over again. We are hoping the V.O is really fast and my husband can land before any of this becomes an issue. Thanks for your reply!! :)

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
@bdh

may be your spouse should contact VO sometime in january regarding medical. It shouldn't take too long for new med to receive to your VO.

B

bdh

newdelhi2011 said:
@ bdh

may be your spouse should contact VO sometime in january regarding medical. It shouldn't take too long for new med to receive to your VO.
@ newdelhi2011

I will mention that to him thank you :) Do you know if he needs to call them or email them? What would be the most effective way to get a response about that? Well our V.O. is Ankara and I know his medical went to France before it returned back to them. So since he had his medical done already will it still go through the same procedure? We don't know how long that took to get to France and then back to Ankara, because his medical was done even before the app was received in Mississauga. Just looking to hear from the pros on here that may have had or is going through the same experience. This is all new to us, sorry for all the questions.

mjbezanson

Jan 11, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-10-2011
Med's Done....
07-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2012
LANDED..........
27-05-2012
My wife Chinita received a phone call today from the Canadian embassy to send in her passport. An early Christmas present!