+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 2022

FissionMailed

Oct 6, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am a CEC-Inland applicant and I've received an email today to confirm my present residential address or let them know if I'm outside Canada. Also, I received an Information Letter in my account which says the same thing but mentioned 30 days to confirm my residential address to get the copr or changes to any family composition. Am in a situation where I need expert advise. I am currently in India for my marriage which is due in 15 days. I'll be back to Canada only in the 2nd week of January. So, can I reply to the email saying am outside Canada and raise a webform after 15 days to update about my marital status and add my wife to my existing application?
Please help

jainpriteshp

Oct 26, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am a CEC-Inland applicant and I've received an email today to confirm my present residential address or let them know if I'm outside Canada. Also, I received an Information Letter in my account which says the same thing but mentioned 30 days to confirm my residential address to get the copr or changes to any family composition. Am in a situation where I need expert advise. I am currently in India for my marriage which is due in 15 days. I'll be back to Canada only in the 2nd week of January. So, can I reply to the email saying am outside Canada and raise a webform after 15 days to update about my marital status and add my wife to my existing application?
Please help
I think you will need to disclose that you are outside Canada and since you are not married, no need to mention about your marriage unless you submit it before your marraige. If you submit after your marraige, then you must inform IRCC about your marital status. I am not an expert, please seek legal advice to respond accurately. Congratulations

Reactions: FissionMailed

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

Please help
Congratulations

Also can you confirm if something changed on your profile as well or what does it say now ?

FissionMailed

Oct 6, 2022
Congratulations

Also can you confirm if something changed on your profile as well or what does it say now ?
No nothing's changed after the 2nd GU on Nov 5th. Received this email first and later another email which said "New message in your application" which has an "Information Letter".

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
Yes Inland CEC. 8882422100
Hi, did you speak to an IRCC agent or just listened to the robotic info?

The latter seems to provide no more info than the IRCC website.

And, when they told you eligibility hadn't started yet, what showed up in the "Details about your application status - Review of eligibility" section of your EE application on IRCC's website?

Is it "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"?
Or is it something like "We will send you a message when we start your eligibility check"?

If it is the former, that means this info on IRCC's website is incorrect and in contradictory with the answer you got by calling IRCC: it says eligibility check has started but it has not.

Last edited: