+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attention - Survival job seekers

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Mahara,

I got your PM but unable to respond as I don't have "reply" option activated yet. I will have to request admin to allow me to respond to PMs.

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
baba1234,

I dont see any PM from you. I am surprised my PM can receive only 2 messages which is now full. I will check with admin to see how my access can be expanded.

Rank2010

azmatgaad

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO -M1
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2009
AOR Received.
Sep 2009
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
22 Feb 2012 & 28 Apr 2012 (new born)
Med's Done....
16 mar 2012 and 28 April 2012 (newborn)
Interview........
Nops
Passport Req..
PPR1...28-Sep-2012
Friends

I have receivd my passport trhough visa tronix yesterday at my door step, Visa Issue
Al hamd o Lillah
thanx and wish u all the best

one problem
on my CORP landing is written TORONTO but we want to go to Calgary pl advice what to do

vicky_si

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed 28 May '13 ..PER 17 aug' 13
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
21 Oct.2013
Med's Request
27 Nov. 2013
Med's Done....
7 dec 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Nov. 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Planned 7 July 2014
Hey Chief,

Just emailed you... Can you plz confirm reciept... If you see it suitable and convenient you can reply me on the forum which can benefit and be useful to others as well.. I'll be more than happy to provide any further details to seek guidance if required.

Regards
Vikram

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
azmatgaad said:
Friends

I have receivd my passport trhough visa tronix yesterday at my door step, Visa Issue
Al hamd o Lillah
thanx and wish u all the best

one problem
on my CORP landing is written TORONTO but we want to go to Calgary pl advice what to do
It does not matter.So go ahead and land in calgary if you so desired it.No violation of law.you are safe!!

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Vikram,

I have responded to your email as your enquiry was very specific to you and not a general question.

Again for the benefit for all other aspirants, if a person in his / her native land is comfortable financially with a decent job and reasonable savings, then it makes more sense to stay put there as there are too many sacrifices and compromises one has to do here in Canada. Job in one's own area of specialization is not easy to get, social life may be restricted, weather conditions are different, cost of living is not cheap and the list goes on. But yes, if one converts the savings here into their native currency, then the savings may look good. One needs to look at the pros and cons and then take an appropriate decision.

Let me give my personal example. I feel I was saving more in Houston Texas than here in Edmonton. The weather was much much warmer in Houston, the cost of living was at least 25% cheaper in Houston, house property cost was almost half of what is here in Edmonton. But still I decided to move here as I was on H1B for almost 6 years in Houston and it would have taken at least another 5 years to get my green card there due to the long wait list. Here I can change jobs as many times I want and I can take up even a second job if required which I could not do in Houston.

Hope this helps to many of you who are yet to arrive here in Canada.

Good luck to all.

vicky_si

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed 28 May '13 ..PER 17 aug' 13
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
21 Oct.2013
Med's Request
27 Nov. 2013
Med's Done....
7 dec 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Nov. 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Planned 7 July 2014
Rank2010 said:
Vikram,

I have responded to your email as your enquiry was very specific to you and not a general question.

Again for the benefit for all other aspirants, if a person in his / her native land is comfortable financially with a decent job and reasonable savings, then it makes more sense to stay put there as there are too many sacrifices and compromises one has to do here in Canada. Job in one's own area of specialization is not easy to get, social life may be restricted, weather conditions are different, cost of living is not cheap and the list goes on. But yes, if one converts the savings here into their native currency, then the savings may look good. One needs to look at the pros and cons and then take an appropriate decision.

Let me give my personal example. I feel I was saving more in Houston Texas than here in Edmonton. The weather was much much warmer in Houston, the cost of living was at least 25% cheaper in Houston, house property cost was almost half of what is here in Edmonton. But still I decided to move here as I was on H1B for almost 6 years in Houston and it would have taken at least another 5 years to get my green card there due to the long wait list. Here I can change jobs as many times I want and I can take up even a second job if required which I could not do in Houston.

Good luck to all.
Thanks RK.... Your support and guidance is really appreciated...

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Hi Rank2010, Thanks for starting this thread,

Can you please elaborate, what kind of survival job are available and how much they pay. is it easy to get a Job in SUper store, or food chain or Gas station etc.

Approximately on average how much time it require to land a survival job (I am not talking about pure hard labour job as I might not be able to do it due t Diabetics, well actually I dont know may be I can do hard labour but being spoiled by Seat Job for many years and not travelling without Car had not left us in any physical shape :))

Further can one will be able to manage time to attend interview while doing these survival jobs.

So you have any idea about insurance field jobs, will it help if you have started studying Canadian qualification relevant to you profession and still in progress when you land in Canada.

Lastly the million times asked question,

How much do you think a family of Couple + 3 years old kid would require monthly to survive decently (on tight budget) what will be the monthly expenses in first month or couple of month.

Do yo think 30-35000 are enough to survive for a year or year and half in worst case scenario

I chose to post it here instead of PM for the benefit of all the memebrs

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Humsafar,

I arrived in Edmonton just about a month ago. I have seen "hiring now" boards in a number of stores like Walmart, Super Store, etc. I have also seen ads for administrative jobs in local newspapers. Starting salaries in most of such jobs is about $ 10-12 an hour. Since the new entrant has no previous Canadian experience, one must take what ever job is available to start with and keep changing as new options one comes accross. It is better to take up a job that pays at worst $ 1,600 - $ 2,000 a month instead of waiting for a "good job" and getting frustrated and spending the savings in the hope of getting that job of satisfaction.

As for minimum income for a family to survive, it depends on the city and local set up. I would say one can get a 2 bed apt for as low as $ 600 - 800 a month, utilities (if not included in rent) about $ 150, internet, cable tv and phone $ 100, food exp for a family of 4 about $ 600 (varies depending upon eating habits and needs). If one gets a apt near downtown or where there are bus facilities, then car can be avoided for the first 6 months.

Hope this gives some insight on jobs and living exp

sterileinjection

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2011
AOR Received.
11/11/2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Med's Request
24/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/02/2012
Interview........
blank
Passport Req..
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/04/2012
LANDED..........
31/5/2012
Rank2010 said:
Vikram,

Good luck to all.
very well explained dear......keep posting such valuable info. +1 for u

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Rank

which professional you are?
Why Alberta? Why not other provinces? You got relatives, friends there?

haq_bd

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO/AUVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rank2010 said:
Humsafar,

I arrived in Edmonton just about a month ago. I have seen "hiring now" boards in a number of stores like Walmart, Super Store, etc. I have also seen ads for administrative jobs in local newspapers. Starting salaries in most of such jobs is about $ 10-12 an hour. Since the new entrant has no previous Canadian experience, one must take what ever job is available to start with and keep changing as new options one comes accross. It is better to take up a job that pays at worst $ 1,600 - $ 2,000 a month instead of waiting for a "good job" and getting frustrated and spending the savings in the hope of getting that job of satisfaction.

As for minimum income for a family to survive, it depends on the city and local set up. I would say one can get a 2 bed apt for as low as $ 600 - 800 a month, utilities (if not included in rent) about $ 150, internet, cable tv and phone $ 100, food exp for a family of 4 about $ 600 (varies depending upon eating habits and needs). If one gets a apt near downtown or where there are bus facilities, then car can be avoided for the first 6 months.

Hope this gives some insight on jobs and living exp
Dear Rank2010

Thanks for your post. Almighty must help you. Because we all are happy & inspired for u.

Best Regards

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Sterileinjection,

Thanks for the compliment. I am doing my "little bit" for all aspirants wishing to settle down in Canada