+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATTENTION: Calling all INLANDers - 2017 PR tracker

canada87

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
I downloaded the checklist from cic which I assumed that is the lastest, right? Are there new changes?
You kind of make me scared that I miss something...

After send i realized there were 2 forms updated on Oct 2017 but I don't know excalcly when. It might be right before or after I submitted my application, I don't know exactly. Even though they updated, the content is the same. It seems just some format changes, not content.

Anyway, I have double checked on cic website and I confirmed the one I sent are exactly the same as the one on cic website

canada87

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
I downloaded the checklist from cic which I assumed that is the lastest, right? Are there new changes?
You kind of make me scared that I miss something...

Anyway, I have double checked on cic website and I confirmed the one I sent are exactly the same as the one on cic website

After send i realized there were 2 forms updated on Oct 2017 but I don't know excalcly when. It might be right before or after I submitted my application, I don't know exactly. Even though they updated, the content is the same. It seems just some format changes, not content.

nikki5454

Apr 10, 2017
Thanks for contributing to this thread. Thought I would share some information on the processing procedure for Inlanders to help everyone understand what to expect during different stages of application process.Hope you find this helpful.

CIO- Nova Scotia Sydney facility::::
  • Application submitted (AS) (Application can be linked 3-5 days later to your mycic account)
  • AOR received [1-3 months from AS]
**********Application is moved off shelf and put in processing queue**********
  • ECAS shows in process
  • System generated Reminder email to submitted RPRF, PCCs and updated Sch A form (If you havent submitted RPRF, pay that and can confirm receipt 2-3 weeks later by using RPRF recepit number to login in GCKey) [3-4 months from AOR]
  • Another request to resubmit Sch A (may or may not depending on gaps identified by agent/officer). This time its from actual officer processing your file. His initials can be found at the bottom of letter. [3-5 months from Reminder email]
  • Background check updates to Not Applicable [same day - 3 weeks following submission as long as officer is satisfied with your updated documentation]
************Eligibility and Criminality is done****************

• Medical request is issued [2-3 months from previous step]
  • You complete medicals
  • You submit medicals via CSE or if you did eMedical then it shows passed/received in ecas [same day - 3 weeks]
**********************Medical is done********************************

CPC - Ottawa facility::::
  • Background check goes into in progress status [same day - 2 weeks from medical passing date]
  • Decision made [2-4 or more depending on your history]
  • PPR [Not sure, but it seems few weeks]
  • You send passports
  • Received stamped visas and COPR [ 2-3 weeks from passport submission]

then how long it takes for medical request from aor

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
then how long it takes for medical request from aor
If you add up the timeframes for these steps in my post, it could easily be between 9 (best case scenario) to 13 months from AOR

**********Application is moved off shelf and put in processing queue**********
  • ECAS shows in process
  • System generated Reminder email to submitted RPRF, PCCs and updated Sch A form (If you havent submitted RPRF, pay that and can confirm receipt 2-3 weeks later by using RPRF recepit number to login in GCKey) [3-4 months from AOR]
  • Another request to resubmit Sch A (may or may not depending on gaps identified by agent/officer). This time its from actual officer processing your file. His initials can be found at the bottom of letter. [3-5 months from Reminder email]
  • Background check updates to Not Applicable [same day - 3 weeks following submission as long as officer is satisfied with your updated documentation]
************Eligibility and Criminality is done****************

• Medical request is issued [2-3 months from previous step]

Shikleo

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Will it still take 9 to 13 months for MR even though PCC, schedule A and RPRF fee are all submited along with the whole application package

Last edited:

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
Will it still take 9 to 13 months for MR even though PCC, schedule A and RPRF fee are all submited along with the whole application package
Yes, medical requirement is independent of need for these document which are relevant from the standpoint of criminal background check and RPRF for landing fee.

nikki5454

Apr 10, 2017
anybody have an idea of work permit extension i applied online on august 9th and still didnot get my extension i am worried about that

DIANEPH

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
23-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-06-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi vpkasbek!

Just wanna ask. Following your inland procedure, my background check changed from in process to "not applicable" this first week of October 2017after uploading RPRF. Does that mean my application already passed criminality and eligibility check? Would that also mean that MR will be around 2-3 months from first week of October 2017? I am a January 2017 PNP-PR applicant. My AOR is June 2017. Hope to hear from you.

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
Hi vpkasbek!

Just wanna ask. Following your inland procedure, my background check changed from in process to "not applicable" this first week of October 2017after uploading RPRF. Does that mean my application already passed criminality and eligibility check? Would that also mean that MR will be around 2-3 months from first week of October 2017? I am a January 2017 PNP-PR applicant. My AOR is June 2017. Hope to hear from you.
Hi Dianeph, that is correct, MR follows criminality and eligibility completion. If you look at past trends, folks have reported receiving MR soon after (2-3 months) following this event. However, recently not sure why there have been delays in MRs as seen with Sept to Dec applicants. Regardless, we qualify for MR given the prereqs have been met. I am going to receive my GCMS notes late next week and would share status/location trail with everyone so you can relate.

Reactions: maicha

DIANEPH

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
23-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-06-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi Dianeph, that is correct, MR follows criminality and eligibility completion. If you look at past trends, folks have reported receiving MR soon after (2-3 months) following this event. However, recently not sure why there have been delays in MRs as seen with Sept to Dec applicants. Regardless, we qualify for MR given the prereqs have been met. I am going to receive my GCMS notes late next week and would share status/location trail with everyone so you can relate.
It is such a relief hearing this from you vpkasbek. Hope everything goes well for all of us here. We know how pretty tiring to be in this PR Category. But I can patiently wait. Thank you vpkasbek

sndpgl

Oct 20, 2017
Forum ID: Sndpgl
Nationality: Indian
Country of residence: Canada
PNP category: International graduate
Nominating province: Alberta
Date application received by CIC: 4 April
AOR date: 19 june
Date of reminder letter (PCC, Sch A, etc) (Leave blank if not received yet):
Status of background check - 1:
Date of additional documentation request (such as new PCCs, updated Sch A form) and agent initials on request letter:
Date of background status change:
Status of background check - 2:
Date of Medical request:
Date of Medical request submitted to CIC:
Date of Medical request passed/received confirmation from CIC:
Status of background check -3 :
Date decision made:
Date Passport request:
Date Passport submitted:
Date tracker activated:
Date stamped passport received:

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
It is such a relief hearing this from you vpkasbek. Hope everything goes well for all of us here. We know how pretty tiring to be in this PR Category. But I can patiently wait. Thank you vpkasbek
You are most welcome. Its matter of time. The wait will be over soon.

Reactions: DIANEPH

nsakib520

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
Doc's Request.
12-06-2017
Nomination.....
24-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
Passport Req..
01-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
Forum ID: nsakib520
Nationality: Bangladeshi
PNP category: Post-Graduate Worker
Date application received by CIC: Jan 3, 2017
AOR date: Mar 7, 2017
Date of reminder letter (PCC, Sch A, etc) (Leave blank if not received yet): June 12, 2017
Status of background check - 1: In Progress
Date of additional documentation request (such as new PCCs, updated Sch A form) and agent initials on request letter:
Date of background status change: Oct 2, 2017
Status of background check - 2: Not Applicable
Date of Medical request:
Date decision made:
Date Passport request:
Date Passport submitted:
Date tracker activated:

I requested for GCMS notes on Oct 4, 2017 & got it today in exactly 30 days. The assessment status are as follows:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibihty: Passed
Secuilty: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Not Started
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

The Note on my file by processing officer was on Sept 26, 2017 as follows:

APPLICATION: ep0025**** APPLICATION: PNP I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. ACTION ITEMS: ****GENERAL RESULTS: MEDICALS REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS**** FOSS/GCMS check: - PA: No adverse info. Principal applicant currently holds valid status in Canada. Status until: 2019/05/27. – Spouse/CL: No adverse info. Spouse/Common-Law currently holds valid status in Canada. Status until: 2019/05/27. - RPRF: Paid. - Language test results: On file. CIVIL STATUS:- PA married - SPOUSE is accompanying – Marriage certificate is on file - PA Copy of passport on File: Yes. - PA Completed schedule A: On file. – Spouse/CL Copy of passport on File: Yes. – Spouse/CL Completed schedule A: On file. WORK EXPERIENCE: - Province of Nomination: Alberta. - Province matches current residence: Yes. . Nomination validity: Original. – Post secondary studies in Canada: University - Case Type: Economic Case. Schedule 4 on file: Yes. - Appears to meet eligibility decision. MEDICALS: - MEDICALS REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS PA: -Current medical status: Not started. Spouse/Common Law: -Current medical status: Not started. CRIMINALITY: PA: - RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. - Police Certificates: - Bangladesh: No reportable trace. Spouse/Common Law: - RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. - Police Certificates: - Bangladesh: No reportable trace. – Police reports/Court records: On file. - Criminality decision taken.

Reactions: maicha

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
See from @nsakib520 below. Thats what I was talking about criminality and eligibility being passed at this stage. Thanks @nsakib520 for sharing this information with the group. I will share mine next week.

Woodroc

Apr 5, 2017
NB
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Forum ID: nsakib520
Nationality: Bangladeshi
PNP category: Post-Graduate Worker
Date application received by CIC: Jan 3, 2017
AOR date: Mar 7, 2017
Date of reminder letter (PCC, Sch A, etc) (Leave blank if not received yet): June 12, 2017
Status of background check - 1: In Progress
Date of background status change: Oct 2, 2017
Status of background check - 2: Not Applicable
Date of Medical request:
Date decision made:
Date Passport request:
Date Passport submitted:
Date tracker activated:

I requested for GCMS notes on Oct 4, 2017 & got it today in exactly 30 days. The assessment status are as follows:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibihty: Passed
Secuilty: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Not Started
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

The Note on my file by processing officer was on Sept 26, 2017 as follows:

APPLICATION: ep0025**** APPLICATION: PNP I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. ACTION ITEMS: ****GENERAL RESULTS: MEDICALS REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS**** FOSS/GCMS check: - PA: No adverse info. Principal applicant currently holds valid status in Canada. Status until: 2019/05/27. – Spouse/CL: No adverse info. Spouse/Common-Law currently holds valid status in Canada. Status until: 2019/05/27. - RPRF: Paid. - Language test results: On file. CIVIL STATUS:- PA married - SPOUSE is accompanying – Marriage certificate is on file - PA Copy of passport on File: Yes. - PA Completed schedule A: On file. – Spouse/CL Copy of passport on File: Yes. – Spouse/CL Completed schedule A: On file. WORK EXPERIENCE: - Province of Nomination: Alberta. - Province matches current residence: Yes. . Nomination validity: Original. – Post secondary studies in Canada: University - Case Type: Economic Case. Schedule 4 on file: Yes. - Appears to meet eligibility decision. MEDICALS: - MEDICALS REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS PA: -Current medical status: Not started. Spouse/Common Law: -Current medical status: Not started. CRIMINALITY: PA: - RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. - Police Certificates: - Bangladesh: No reportable trace. Spouse/Common Law: - RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. - Police Certificates: - Bangladesh: No reportable trace. – Police reports/Court records: On file. - Criminality decision taken.
Hi, my timeline is almost the same. Except AOR is march 8. I did upfront medicals, and my BG turned NA sept 19, so eligibility, criminality and medicals passed. Can you share the group name appearing from the notes you got? Mine is 1-B46N3DX. We'll probably receive PPR in Batches so maybe it's important sharing this info between us inlands too