+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attending a scientific conference in Quebec city Canada

imtiyazbhat

Apr 14, 2018
1. I have been invited to attend a scientific conference in Quebec city from 5th to 16th July 2018. Could anybody help me which type of visa I should apply for? I have gone through the website www.canada.ca where I felt that I should apply for visitor visa. Is that fine? please help.

2. If that is the case should I need to fill both the forms IMM5257e and IMM5257b?

3. More ever at the end of the form IMM5257e, of page 5 of 5, it reads as " Do you consent to be contacted by CIC, or an organization at CIC's request in the future? Y/ N. Please help what I should respond (Yes or No). If I respond No will that be ok?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. I have been invited to attend a scientific conference in Quebec city from 5th to 16th July 2018. Could anybody help me which type of visa I should apply for? I have gone through the website www.canada.ca where I felt that I should apply for visitor visa. Is that fine? please help.
You would be applying for a Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa/TRV to be specific).... and for details of the visit, you must select 'Business'. In short, you're applying for a Business TRV.

2. If that is the case should I need to fill both the forms IMM5257e and IMM5257b?
Submit only those forms generated in the Document Checklist for your passport.

That said, do go through this forum for suggestions on the documents/evidence you must provide with your application.

3. More ever at the end of the form IMM5257e, of page 5 of 5, it reads as " Do you consent to be contacted by CIC, or an organization at CIC's request in the future? Y/ N. Please help what I should respond (Yes or No). If I respond No will that be ok?
Absolutely not okay.

You must consent to IRCC accessing any information directly or through any organization. If you do not select 'Yes', your visa application may not be processed

imtiyazbhat

Apr 14, 2018
You would be applying for a Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa/TRV to be specific).... and for details of the visit, you must select 'Business'. In short, you're applying for a Business TRV.

Submit only those forms generated in the Document Checklist for your passport.

That said, do go through this forum for suggestions on the documents/evidence you must provide with your application.

Absolutely not okay.

You must consent to IRCC accessing any information directly or through any organization. If you do not select 'Yes', your visa application may not be processed
Thank you Bryanna Sir, for your valuable information. One more query, If I travel to Canada via London, Do I need a transit visa for that, please help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you Bryanna Sir, for your valuable information. One more query, If I travel to Canada via London, Do I need a transit visa for that, please help.
It would depend on the passport you hold.

Most probably, you will not require a UK transit visa if you have a visa for Canada + if you won't pass through UK border control/you don't need to collect your bags to check them in for an onward flight