+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATT: tiger and all senior please help

S Uddin

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Dear tiger and all senior could you please tell me any college any providence where is possible to take admission by ielts score 5.5
For Any kind of diploma course

Many thanks

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
I heard about Lester B Pearson School Board, Montreal Quebec

But i will suggest you to give IELTS again.

Good Luck.

prashant.

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/05/2014
Nomination.....
Got PER on 24th September
AOR Received.
hope so .. jsk
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4/3/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting ... jsk
S Uddin said:
Dear tiger and all senior could you please tell me any college any providence where is possible to take admission by ielts score 5.5

Many thanks
but , dude .. y dont u tk ielts again .... give yor best shot , n try to gt atleast 6 ....!!

coz , even if u get the admission with 5.5 , it would be difficult for u to gt d visa ....

so, y to take a chance .... tk ielts again ..... 8)

tiger007

Champion Member
aman singh said:
I heard about Lester B Pearson School Board, Montreal Quebec
Hi,

The Lester B. Pearson English School board is a Montreal based private educational institute, offering AVS and DVS diploma programs. The international students pursuing in SUCH private educational institutes are NOT eligible for Off Campus Work Permit (OCWP). Further, to qualify for Quebec regular student based immigration, after pursuing such courses, one MUST study a 16 or 12 points course (as per Queebc area of training), score min. total of 55 points, and which will not only require a higher IELTS score.. But also at least DELF A1 level (now compulsory for any Quebec immigration programs) or DELF A2 level French proficiency (depending on it's a 16 or a 12 points course and whether the student has secured a job in his/her own field or not). So, if one is scoring not even minimum 6.5 in IELTS, then... we can only imagine the difficulties, that student will have to go through... to clear French language exams and qualify for Quebec immigration. So, this route is not at all recommended for those who have weak or average language proficiency.

S Uddin said:

Many thanks
Hi,

It is highly recommended, that you appear for IELTS and score at least 6.5 overall, with no bands less than 6.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

atulsharma

Apr 19, 2013
Hi Tigger,

I have newly joined this forum... gone through all the post and comments and seems like you have a lot of knowledge about the canada immigration and studies... if you can help me with some question would be great..

My profile
10th - 66%
12th - 50%
B.com - 68% 2007
IELTS - 7 Band ( 6th April 2013)

Currently working with Bank of america as a front line manager for last 5 Years..

I am looking for doing an Business - Marketing with co - op...I am not to sure which college would be best for the course..

I have check couple of colleges website like Seneca , fanshawec and the review are good. I have also heard that centinnal and Humber also offer these courses however the review are pathetic...so please suggest..

I am looking for Sep intake...Thanks you so much for your interest....

tiger007

Champion Member
atulsharma said:
Hi Tigger,

I have newly joined this forum... gone through all the post and comments and seems like you have a lot of knowledge about the canada immigration and studies... if you can help me with some question would be great..

My profile
10th - 66%
12th - 50%
B.com - 68% 2007
IELTS - 7 Band ( 6th April 2013)

Currently working with Bank of america as a front line manager for last 5 Years..

I am looking for doing an Business - Marketing with co - op...I am not to sure which college would be best for the course..

I have check couple of colleges website like Seneca , fanshawec and the review are good. I have also heard that centinnal and Humber also offer these courses however the review are pathetic...so please suggest..

I am looking for Sep intake...Thanks you so much for your interest....

Hi,

Good overall Profile. You have good academic record (except for the 12th grade marks). real work ex. for 5 years in a reputed organization and a good IELTS score. The academic marks of last major degree (in your case B.Com) matters most along with good IELTS score, proper course selection, strong finances and overall stable/consistent profile for securing a Canadian study permit. In fact, if you had a 4 years Bachelor's degree, or 3 years B.Com+1 or 2 year Master degree (which would be equivalent to a 4 years Canadian/North American bachelor's degree), then I would have suggested you to crack GMAT (score atleast 550), and get into any of decent Canadian public university MBAs. But, since no 4 year Bachelor's degree, You may consider doing a PG cert./diploma in Management from a recognized Canadian college. Although, recently top grade Univ. of Toronto, has started accepting 3 years Bachelor degree applicants for admission to their MBA, but for that you will have to score very high in GMAT, and still there will be no guarantee of admission, because of fierce competition. You may check out all public university MBA department websites, and see if they may accept a 3 year Bachelor's degree or not. If some mid level public university accepts, then it's strongly reccomended that you appear for GMAT and apply for MBA.

Here's the list of all recognized educational institutes in Canada, participating in OCWP (Off campus Work Permit, only after 6 months of actual studying in Canada)+PGWP (Post grad. Work Permit.. after studies), listed according to Province:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

You should start applying to colleges, either on your own or through an authorized partner agent in India (which would make getting admission and receiving LOA/Letter of Approval) much easier. Via an authorized agent (any big agents) you won't need to take the pain of sending the original transcripts from each of the educational institutions you attended, and only submitting the notarized copy of your educational documents, IELTS and work ex. will do..and while sitting at home you will receive the LOA on your email, via the agent. No matter, what people say..how agents lie and manipulate regarding immigration and work permit laws and force students to join sub-standard courses in their affiliated educational institutes (yes most do) , but if you are knowledgeable and updated about immigration and work permit laws and entire process of studying and migrating to Canada, then no matter what they say..keep their blabbering at bay (Don't listen to whatever they say)..and use them for your advantage, as using authorized agents can have positive benefits too, like I mentioned above.

Since, you will be applying for the 1st time..and as a citizen of India, and that too you will be applying to 1 of colleges, you MUST apply under SPP category. It requires minimum documentation and possible much faster processing time of your visa application. You should apply via VFS (if on your own) or even via an agent, they will mostly submit your application via VFS. VFS is an authorized agency, appointed by the Canadian high Commission, who for a small fee will make sure everything is in order with your application package and take the sole responsibility of sending your passport and application package and returning it to you safely. you may send your application package directly to CHC, New Delhi too, but not reccomended.. particularly if you have VFS office in or near your city.
Here's the VFS website: http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/
Official SPP category checklist, on VFS website; according to which you/your agent will have to prepare and arrange your visa application:
http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Student_Partners_Program_09022013.pdf
Under SPP, for proof of finances- you just need to pay atleast 1 Sem fees + purchase GIC certificate from Scotia bank of 10,000$ (for 1 year living expenses). apart from all things mentioned on the SPP checklist, you may attach a small 1-1.5 page SOP mentioning how a PG course in business management will further increase your knowledge, help you in career growth and give you international exposure, your IT returns and work ex letter certifying you worked at BOA for past 5 years. that's it. You will have much higher chances of getting visa.

Now, in case..if you have already decided to go to college, then let me warn you..MOST Canadian colleges offering PG courses are not up to standard, and do not expect to find a miracle placement. Most of these PG certificate Business courses in Canadian colleges (most are Ontario province based colleges, while there is 1 college in Winnipeg, Manitoba province offering PG diploma in IB and another 2 colleges in B.C offering 2 years PG courses in Business) are filled with desis/ Indians/ South Asians/ full of International students.. looking for quick PGWP and try to get PR faster such courses, as most do not qualify for Canadian public university MBAs. You will find numerous Canadian (mainly Ontario based) colleges offering PG courses in Marketing, HR, IB etc. and these colleges/ courses are heavily promoted by agents in India. Out of these bunch of similar level colleges offering similar marketing PG courses, personally, I would suggest ONLY 1 Marketing related PG course (which I'm aware of), which is 1 year (3 Sem - 2 Sem studies+1 Sem compulsory co-op(internship)) long. The course is:Strategic Relationship Marketing Program (Postgraduate) (B409) at GBC (George Brown College - Toronto). The college is highly reputed, right in the heart of downtown/ financial-business area of Toronto and this is 1 of those rare reputed PG courses of Canadian colleges, where actual Canadians do come to study. I will highly reccomend you to apply for this course, and get a LOA(letter of approval) and eventually apply for visa on it by June 2013 (for Sept. 2013 intake). Since, this course has a co-op term, you will receive valuable Canadian work ex.
Program link: http://www.georgebrown.ca/B409-2013-2014/

After this course... you will be eligible for a 1 year PGWP.

Most student immigration programs in Canada, will require you to find a skilled job. Which may be difficult, with a 1 year PGWP. But, it's really up to you and on your own skills to find a skilled job. If you are not sure about finding a skilled job in the Canadian market (which is very competitive) and really want to immigrate, then it's highly reccomended that you get a 3 years PGWP and move to provinces such as Sask. which do not require one to find a skilled job. For which either you do another 2 sem/8 months course (not guaranteed of a 3 years PGWP, may get only 2 years PGWP) or do a 2 academic years course (there are not many in PG level (Centennial, Humber, Lambton offers GBM/Business certificates..not so good...and 2 other colleges in B.C offers such 2 years PG business course..can't really comment on how good or bad it is) or you may go there and choose to shift to some practical job oriented diplomas or move to another province like Sask. province (which has much easier immigration laws) and pursue a 2 years Business diploma with co-op/ other practical job oriented diplomas at SIAST (largest and most well known college system in Sask. province -http://gosiast.com/programs-and-courses/international/learn-in-saskatchewan.aspx). Point is, once you get visa..and go there, and manage to secure admission to another course (if you choose to change). then you may shift anywhere.

To know more about studying and working in Canada visit the official CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/

To know more about various student immigration programs in Canada for international students (see April 2013 update with official links; mid page 6):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.75.html

Hope it helps.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

atulsharma

Apr 19, 2013
Thank you so much tiger for removing time and giving all the information...

Actually i am looking for migrating to Canada...however at the same time do not screw up with my career....I have done some research on Gerorge Brown college and found that the reviews are good as compared to other colleges...they provide good placement after the completion of the course...Thanks once again.

I have heard that 2 year programs or diploma can get work visa for 3 years is that true and 1 yr course will only get 1 yr work visa after completion..?

My ultimate goal is to study in marketing field and work for 2 years and apply for PR...is this the correct way..?

tiger007

Champion Member
atulsharma said:
Actually i am looking for migrating to Canada...however at the same time do not screw up with my career....I have done some research on Gerorge Brown college and found that the reviews are good as compared to other colleges...they provide good placement after the completion of the course...Thanks once again.

I have heard that 2 year programs or diploma can get work visa for 3 years is that true and 1 yr course will only get 1 yr work visa after completion..?

My ultimate goal is to study in marketing field and work for 2 years and apply for PR...is this the correct way..?
Hi,

Please take a look at the study section of the official CIC website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/

Here under Post Grad Work permit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
They have clearly mentioned- PGWP of max. 3 years possible, only after minimum study of 2 academic years.
Remember 2 academic year = min. 4 semesters/terms= atleast 16 months of actual study (or study+co-op).

Past work ex/career will mean very little in Canada. Consider it as a fresh start of your career in Canada. You will need to do co-ops, volunteering, networking and perform well in academics...to have any chance of getting a skilled job. people often do co-op for 1-1.5 years in big corporations/firms, before being offered a full time job. Unfortunately, after you have completed that 1 year PG GBC strategic management course, it will make you eligible for only a 1 year PGWP. To get the best opportunity and trying to find a skilled job (or even to have enough time to get PR by going to provinces like Sask., in case you don't find a skilled job) you need time.. you need atleast 3 years PGWP. And doing another 1 acd. year/2 sem/8 months not so good course, will not only waste your time and money with an unnecessary certification..but also will give no guarantee of 3 years PGWP.

But, don't worry... there has been a new rule, where if you have a Bachelor's degree from India, and after studying ANY PG certificate course in Canada of atleast 1 acd. year/min. 2 semesters, and then if you pursue a 4 months/ 1 semester- 1.e the final semester of GAS-General Arts and Science (2 years diploma), under some kind of credit transfer clause ..you will be seen as equivalent to a 2 academic year study in Canada and hence will be eligible for 3 years PGWP. Many students are actually pursuing it, and I've confirmed... it's a valid law.. from those actually pursuing it... or knowing some 1 pursuing it. Although I personally cannot find this law anywhere. It's some kind of internal clause. This GAS (General Arts and Science last sem diploma credit transfer option) is only offered at Niagara College, Niagara, Ontario. So, After fishing your 1 year PG course in GBC, you should head to Niagara college and follow this option... It costs just approx 6,000$ (instead of doing a full 1 acd year course for 12-14,000$ in Ontario colleges). Once you join this Niagara course, in that mean time..you can start looking/keep applying for long term internships, jobs, applying to placement agencies...and after this course and 3 years PGWP, you will have enough time to pursue career+ immigration and hopefully will land a good skilled job. regarding this GAS-NIAGARA route, earlier also it has been discussed on this forum...and people are indeed pursuing it.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/niagara-college-8-months-pglast-semester-of-general-arts-and-sci-course3-pgwp-t116478.0.html
Once you go there, you will automatically come across/ find many others who are pursuing this shortcut for a 3 years PGWP. Even if it doesn't work out..you can always pursue another 2 sem course and then apply for a PGWP.

Apply for visa under SPP to this GBC course... and eventually everything should work out.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

atulsharma

Apr 19, 2013
Thank you so much tiger bhai all the information is really helpful..i have applied for the business marketing course in George brown college as suggest by you...waiting for the offer...just wanted to check as this is 3 semester course 2 sem study and 1 sem co-op...the post study visa would start only after 18th months i mean after the completion of the course...or the Co-op terms would be consider as post study visa..

Once again thank for guiding in the right path and helping... :)

deep_kang

Mar 20, 2013
i am Indian Nurse.
i have passed B.sc nursing in aug 2012.. i have 6 band in ielts ,not less than 5.5

can i apply for PG diploma or Pg caritficate ?

Naigra clg provide PG Caritificate in Critical care with 6 band ..

how much has chance for my vise ?

ROHIT UPPAL

Apr 28, 2013
Hi Harsheen ,

Lester B.Pearson School Board is a Govt.funded School Board with almost 28,000 students . You can check the this fact by contacting MELS ( Ministry of Education , Leisure & Sports ) in Quebec .

Students are eligible for Post-Grad work permit on CIC website .

Please Check the for new update regarding Off-Campus Work permit program for Vocational Training programs which are coming into force on Jan 1 , 2014 in Canada Gazzatte.com

Please check with Qualified personal or Quebec Immigration deptt for matters relating to Quebec -Regular class Immigration for requirements.
You can also visit Quebec Immigration Website

With respect to career , Vocational training programs are tailored to regional economic activities. They are designed in collaboration with employers in order to meet labour market needs.

Hope this information helps.

Good Luck !