thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
6242 cook said:
I am PR will apply citizenship soon

I have a baby boy who is born in Canada 2 months before

In question 6i what should I write just name dob and country of birth

Enter your childs Surname, Given name, Date of birth, Country of Birth which is Canada.

Enter the month and year when the child is born to the date you will sign the application or write "Present". Under institution/school attended/home schooled, write "Child is not at school age", write your current city and country, check mark "child is not at school age"

6242 cook

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
thecoolguysam said:
Enter your childs Surname, Given name, Date of birth, Country of Birth which is Canada.

Enter the month and year when the child is born to the date you will sign the application or write "Present". Under institution/school attended/home schooled, write "Child is not at school age", write your current city and country, check mark "child is not at school age"
Do I have to provide his birth certificate with my application
Or should I write a cover letter for him

I mean I am confused how Cic will know he is Canadain citizen and he do not need applications

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
6242 cook said:
Do I have to provide his birth certificate with my application
Or should I write a cover letter for him

I mean I am confused how Cic will know he is Canadain citizen and he do not need applications
You don't need to send his birth certificate. I didn't send anything with my application, just mentioned my son's details. At the time of interview the officer asked about my wife and my son and told they both are citizens. you can also tell that your son is born here. During the interview you can take the appropriate documents to show if needed

6242 cook

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
thecoolguysam said:
You don't need to send his birth certificate. I didn't send anything with my application, just mentioned my son's details. At the time of interview the officer asked about my wife and my son and told they both are citizens. you can also tell that your son is born here. During the interview you can take the appropriate documents to show if needed
Thanks
Do I need to send cover letter to explain that my son born in Canada so he is Canadian citizen by birth

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

6242 cook said:
Thanks
Do I need to send cover letter to explain that my son born in Canada so he is Canadian citizen by birth
1. No, you are stating that he was born in Canada and assuming you aren't a diplomat, he is a Canadian citizen, so IRCC doesn't care.

6242 cook

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

1. No, you are stating that he was born in Canada and assuming you aren't a diplomat, he is a Canadian citizen, so IRCC doesn't care.

Many thanks : thecoolguysam AND PMM for your kind reply

Yes I am not diplomat , I came Canada as a student then got open WP , then applied and got PR.