+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic immigration program - Moving out

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Hi, I just completed my master's program in one of the Atlantic provinces and have started working as a full-time employee for a company. My employer has provided me with an immigration lawyer who will be applying for my immigration under AIP. I have never been to Toronto and want to go there while my application is being processed. Once I get my PR, i will return to the nominating province. Will leaving the Atlantic province cause any problems with my application? Please share your knowledge and experiences. I highly appreciate it.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Lets clear something up. The AIP is an employer sponsored program, which means you have an offer or currently working for a designated employer. What do you mean you want to travel to Toronto, are you not currently working for the employer?

Short term inter-province travel does not affect your PR application generally, but what you described would concern any IRCC agent and I'm almost certain you did not run this idea by the immigration lawyer.

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
hey, my employer allows remote work and mostly i work from home. So he will not have any issue with me going to Toronto for few months.
Lets clear something up. The AIP is an employer sponsored program, which means you have an offer or currently working for a designated employer. What do you mean you want to travel to Toronto, are you not currently working for the employer?

Short term inter-province travel does not affect your PR application generally, but what you described would concern any IRCC agent and I'm almost certain you did not run this idea by the immigration lawyer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hey, my employer allows remote work and mostly i work from home. So he will not have any issue with me going to Toronto for few months.
The province may have an issue with what you plan to do. They may interpret this as a sign that you don't plan to settle in the province after you get PR. You should defer moving to Toronto until you have PR.

DXB2CAD

Dec 13, 2023
Hi
I am a new bee here and seeking for some guidance.
I applied for AIP from Dubai UAE. I just got my AOR yesterday. I want to know with your experience, what is the current timelines and are there anyone who have already gone thru the same process from here UAE?

Let me know please - thanks

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hi
I am a new bee here and seeking for some guidance.
I applied for AIP from Dubai UAE. I just got my AOR yesterday. I want to know with your experience, what is the current timelines and are there anyone who have already gone thru the same process from here UAE?

Let me know please - thanks
First off, most timelines a very different which means you can only get an approximate by reading several forums. Search to see if there is a thread for UAE applicants, you can also create one yourself. Getting AOR is only the first step and you have a long way to go.