+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Pilot

Gustav

Oct 3, 2018
Hi, Im refugee claimant living in Toronto, I dont have my hearing date yet (it could take years) I have a open work permit and I'd like to know If Im able to apply to AIPP, If yes how can I do to apply (have hearing beside or I have to withdraw)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To the best of my knowledge you are not able to apply. To qualify to apply from within Canada you must have valid status in Canada (refugees are classified as being out of status). To apply, you would need to withdraw your claim, leave Canada and then apply once you are outside of Canada.

Gustav

Oct 3, 2018
To the best of my knowledge you are not able to apply. To qualify to apply from within Canada you must have valid status in Canada (refugees are classified as being out of status). To apply, you would need to withdraw your claim, leave Canada and then apply once you are outside of Canada.
Tnxs, may you know how to apply Humanitarian Compassionate (even being Designated Foreign National 5 years bar)?

VisaApplicant12

Jan 30, 2019
Hi all,

I want to apply for the work permit using their online application. But the website is a bit tricky to use. You have to answer a couple of questions and the website filters the appropriate programs for your profile. However, after answering the questionnaire, the only option I get is the Express Entry one.

I think I may be answering the questions wrong. Can anyone who has applied for their Temporary Work Permit for AIPP through the online website tell me what should be the answers of the questions to reach the correct option?

After changing my answers and trying some other combinations, I got to this option: Foreign Worker-International Mobility Program (Visitor Visa Required). Is this the one for Work permit under AIPP?

Thanks in Advance.! Have an excellent day.!

CasualAsylum

Sep 11, 2018
Tnxs, may you know how to apply Humanitarian Compassionate (even being Designated Foreign National 5 years bar)?
Should you intend to apply for H and C you must first withdraw your refugee claim. Keep in mind that once your refugee claim is withdrawn, the removal order comes into effect after 30 days regardless of whether you have a pending application for H and C. It's even more risky in your case because you can't apply for H and C for 5 years starting from the day you became DFN.

VisaApplicant12

Jan 30, 2019
Does anyone know what are the processing times for TWP under AIPP from India? I tried finding it from the website but there is no separate option for this. There is only the normal Work Permit processing time and I doubt they put AIPP under the same queue.