+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program-Sharing Timeline here please

pmplove

Dec 16, 2020
Can someone please help me understand my timeline???

I mailed my application in April.

On my application status it shows my date received as April 2020 but I didn't receive email confirmation/my application number until December 14th. Is my AOR December or April???

I also got my BIL the next day, did them today and see that it shows my Biometrics as completed on my application page.

Do you think I'll be waiting another 6 months or can I start to get a little excited?

Leotwin

Star Member
May 27, 2020

On my application status it shows my date received as April 2020 but I didn't receive email confirmation/my application number until December 14th. Is my AOR December or April???

I also got my BIL the next day, did them today and see that it shows my Biometrics as completed on my application page.

Do you think I'll be waiting another 6 months or can I start to get a little excited?
How do you check your application status? Are you referring to courier confirmation?
AOR means acknowledgement of receipt...which means IRCC has started looking into your application.

pmplove

Dec 16, 2020
How do you check your application status? Are you referring to courier confirmation?
AOR means acknowledgement of receipt...which means IRCC has started looking into your application.
I'm referring to my IRCC account. I received my application number by email and linked my paper application to my account. It shows the status, and where it says date received it says April 2020.

I didn't even receive my application number by email until Monday though so I'm slightly confused

Leotwin

Star Member
May 27, 2020
I'm referring to my IRCC account. I received my application number by email and linked my paper application to my account. It shows the status, and where it says date received it says April 2020.

I didn't even receive my application number by email until Monday though so I'm slightly confused
This email from IRCC is AOR, next you will receive notifications depending upon further updates , such as medical etc . Doesn't matter when IRCC recieved your file , good that they have started processing it

NB_AIPP

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020

Here is the answer: https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentViewer/en/43-2/CIMM/meeting-10/evidence

Ms. Jenny Kwan:
I just want to go back to Mr. Mills' last answer. It wasn't clear to me.
If the application is stuck in the mailroom for six or seven months and is not opened until September, would the start date on the standard processing time be when the package gets opened in September?
(1800)
[Translation]

[Expand]
Mr. Daniel Mills:
The start date for calculating the processing time is the date when an application arrives in the department's mailroom.
[English]

[Expand]
Ms. Jenny Kwan:
It's the date when you opened the mail, not the date since it's been sitting there for six months. Am I correct?
[Translation]

[Expand]
Mr. Daniel Mills:
No. It's the date when the application arrives at the department. If the application arrives on January 1, but it isn't opened and processed until June, January 1 is considered the start date for processing purposes.