+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATIP request to IRB

Jan 10, 2017
Hi all,

I wanted to share my experience of getting ATIP from IRB.

IRB has sent me a CD containing 228 pages.

I applied refugee in July 2018.

My file doesn't contain any other information except my passport copies and some ticked off documents of their internal work. According to that document, my file hasn't been touched since March 2019.

They requested our visa application but haven't received yet from IRCC.

There is not much information, I don't know if my background check has been completed or not because I haven't seen any documents about background check.

I have a question if anybody can answer me please, does CBSA suppose to send background check report to IRB or they only send something if there is inconsistent or refuting our claim?

rozana21

Aug 31, 2019
Hi, how did you request ATIP?

Hi all,

My file doesn't contain any other information except my passport copies and some ticked off documents of their internal work. According to that document, my file hasn't been touched since March 2019.

There is not much information, I don't know if my background check has been completed or not because I haven't seen any documents about background check.

I have a question if anybody can answer me please, does CBSA suppose to send background check report to IRB or they only send something if there is inconsistent or refuting our claim?
Hi all,

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hi all,

Hello,
July 2018 is a long time ago, I hope this corno issue seizes and they pay attention to your case.

Anyways, when you applied for refugee status, IRCC told you to come back in 2 weeks, I believe they do a simple background check (not like the one done in PR process), and that's what makes you eligible to claim refugee status. so that part is over.

Yes, ATIP is good for knowing what issues are going to be addressed in your hearing... like internal flight, credibility etc.... if they are ticked they'll come up so have good reasons to explain them.

Now, what you can do is go to your local MP, even though IRB doesn't really respond to them but it carries weight, and I've seen them reply previously. You can submit an ATIP request to IRCC themselves, and forward/fax that to IRB. I'm not sure if an ATIP from IRCC will have the exact visa applications.

If you have a lawyer i suggest they address the IRB for an expedited hearing with good reason, the fact that refugee claimants whom applied after you have PR's, the fact that it has taken them a year to get your visa applications etc... i'm not sure if it will help, but at least get your case officer to get your file from inventory

Jan 10, 2017
Hello,
July 2018 is a long time ago, I hope this corno issue seizes and they pay attention to your case.

Anyways, when you applied for refugee status, IRCC told you to come back in 2 weeks, I believe they do a simple background check (not like the one done in PR process), and that's what makes you eligible to claim refugee status. so that part is over.

Yes, ATIP is good for knowing what issues are going to be addressed in your hearing... like internal flight, credibility etc.... if they are ticked they'll come up so have good reasons to explain them.

Now, what you can do is go to your local MP, even though IRB doesn't really respond to them but it carries weight, and I've seen them reply previously. You can submit an ATIP request to IRCC themselves, and forward/fax that to IRB. I'm not sure if an ATIP from IRCC will have the exact visa applications.

If you have a lawyer i suggest they address the IRB for an expedited hearing with good reason, the fact that refugee claimants whom applied after you have PR's, the fact that it has taken them a year to get your visa applications etc... i'm not sure if it will help, but at least get your case officer to get your file from inventory
Hi,
I'm accepted and I submitted my PR application as well.
Thank you for your detailed reply.

rozana21

Aug 31, 2019
thanks. I see 2 options to choose from for ATIP ,request general record or request personal information , what is the difference between them which one I choose?

I don't think it has any negative impacts on the claims.

rozana21

Aug 31, 2019
Personal information
what are the information you inter to apply for ATIP, I heared people saying it cost $5 but did not see option to pay money , I was looking for personal one, also no question about file # only first name and last name and address..is that what you did ? how long it took after you applied for ATIP to receive decision about your case? thanks

Jan 10, 2017
what are the information you inter to apply for ATIP, I heared people saying it cost $5 but did not see option to pay money , I was looking for personal one, also no question about file # only first name and last name and address..is that what you did ? how long it took after you applied for ATIP to receive decision about your case? thanks
At some point it will ask your UCI number.
Payment option will come after completing your information and yes it's $5.
I waited for ATIP request about two to three weeks and it came in CD by mail.

rozana21

Aug 31, 2019
At some point it will ask your UCI number.
Payment option will come after completing your information and yes it's $5.
I waited for ATIP request about two to three weeks and it came in CD by mail.
No question for uci or payment only name and address .. can u send me linc asking for uci or $5

Thanks

Parrii

Aug 28, 2019
Hi I have a question that can I apply atip with irb and cbsa if I am out of Canada, because, I had been given departure order