+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATIP mentions "Case Status - Ceremony" [RQ Case]

ab2000

Apr 1, 2015
Hello All -

Thank you for reading my post and providing your responses.

I applied for citizenship in Jan 2011, wrote my cit test in Jan 2012 (got RQ just after I finished the test on same day). In Oct 2014 I received a mini-RQ (form CIT-0520). I recently requested an ATIP and it says the following:

Jan 30, 2015: File reviewed, including RQ and supporting documents provided. Short FPAT completed and attached. Clearances are all passed and valid. Application approved and granted. File being referred to Mississauga CIC for scheduling into a ceremony.

Mar 11, 2015: Client contacted CC. Referral, Case Status-ceremony, sent to CIC Mississauga.

Can someone please confirm what these status messages mean? I don't want to get excited too soon if its not the citizenship oath ceremony.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for Mississauga office to send an oath letter?

Thanks
AB

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ab2000 said:
Hello All -

I applied for citizenship in Jan 2011, wrote my cit test in Jan 2012 (got RQ just after I finished the test on same day). In Oct 2014 I received a mini-RQ (form CIT-0520). I recently requested an ATIP and it says the following:

Jan 30, 2015: File reviewed, including RQ and supporting documents provided. Short FPAT completed and attached. Clearances are all passed and valid. Application approved and granted. File being referred to Mississauga CIC for scheduling into a ceremony.

Mar 11, 2015: Client contacted CC. Referral, Case Status-ceremony, sent to CIC Mississauga.

Can someone please confirm what these status messages mean? I don't want to get excited too soon if its not the citizenship oath ceremony.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for Mississauga office to send an oath letter?

Thanks
AB
I think you can get excited ! Your application has been approved. Mississauga has oath ceremonies scheduled almost every day throughout April. So I am pretty sure you'll be invited to one of those and you'll become a Canadian citizen before the end of this month.

I have one question for you though: how do you order ATIP ? and how to you receive it ? How long do you wait ? Is ATIP another indirect way of checking the status of an application ?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello AB2000, your application has been approved and you should be scheduled for oath soon. When did you receive CIT0520? you may want to join the following threads: "2011 and 2012 Applicants" and there is also a thread on CIT0520.

ab2000 said:
Hello All -

Thanks
AB

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi Ab 2000.

have noted that your application is pending for 51 months ?? is this your time line ?

any specific reason for such delay ??? any how congratulation and hope that you will

get the oath soon ? kindly re check and update your time line.

As mine is pending since January 2012.. for almost 39 months...

ab2000

Apr 1, 2015
Thank you all, appreciate the responses.

I had radio silence from CIC from Jan 2012 till Oct 2014 (34 months), which is when I got the mini-RQ form (CIT 0520).

You can order an ATIP online for $5 (takes 30 days and they send you in an email). Just google ATIP CIC and it should be the first link.

cberger

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
I think you can get excited ! Your application has been approved. Mississauga has oath ceremonies scheduled almost every day throughout April. So I am pretty sure you'll be invited to one of those and you'll become a Canadian citizen before the end of this month.

I have one question for you though: how do you order ATIP ? and how to you receive it ? How long do you wait ? Is ATIP another indirect way of checking the status of an application ?

Here is the link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Yes you can order ATIP report to see the status of your application, it will also tell you more information such as when the background checks were conducted. You have two options:

1) Under the Privacy act: it gives you the exact same information as the paid one and takes the same amount of time, however you must be a canadian citizen or permanent resident in order to request one.

2) Normal request(dont know what its called officially): It also gives you the same information, however it costs $5. This way you can order a report on someone else's behalf as well, where as under the privacy act it only shows the information of the person ordering it (which is all you would need)

If you are going to be ordering an ATIP report, I would suggest ordering the electronic files and notes only. It contains all the information you need but they don't have to pull your file out of the queue and create any unnecessary delays.

bazim99

Feb 8, 2011
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
12-3-2009
VISA ISSUED...
16-2-2011
LANDED..........
20-5-2011
does it have any negative impact to order an ATIP , i.e. my file is with the local office, will CIC notice my ATIP order and might dig more into my application (which might cause more delay ?)

Bromark

Feb 21, 2015
Nope, getting ATIP is your right. I had ordered 3-4 times already. It won't impact your application process.

I don't know how long it would take to get oath invitation at Mississauga. I have been waiting for 2months already and there is no sign at all. They really take their time...

ab2000

Apr 1, 2015
Hi Bromark - when did your status get updated to "Approved for Ceremony" in your ATIP? And how long has it been since that date for you?

Thanks a lot

AB

ab2000

Apr 1, 2015
Got my oath letter today for oath in Mississauga on May 25. Took me 4 months since they "approved" me for citizenship. Took me 7 months since I submitted my CIT 0520.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation ab 2000. Thanks God your suffering is over and wish you a very
happy future life. Can you please write your time line..

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats. Although I am not sure how happy I would be after waiting for 51 months....