Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to do ATIP to get the application that one of my relatives submitted for their previous TRV but I don't have their previous application no.
Does anyone know if I can get the previous latest TRV information without giving the file no.? How long does this process take?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Apart from other details of your relative, you will need their UCI Number for this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
Apart from other details of your relative, you will need their UCI Number for this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
Thanks. I've the UCI no.s as these are there on their old visas. But they don't have the file no.s for the previous TRV application. When I tried to do an online ATIP request it was asking file number and it seemed to be mandatory.
I tried to call CIC for this but did not get a clear response. Do you know if it is ok to leave it blank or put N/A in it?

Thanks. Greatly appreciate any help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
canimmigrate said:
Thanks. I've the UCI no.s as these are there on their old visas. But they don't have the file no.s for the previous TRV application. When I tried to do an online ATIP request it was asking file number and it seemed to be mandatory.
I tried to call CIC for this but did not get a clear response. Do you know if it is ok to leave it blank or put N/A in it?

Thanks. Greatly appreciate any help.
Are you sure the ATIP request asks for a File Number for a TRV application? You may want to double check this

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
Are you sure the ATIP request asks for a File Number for a TRV application? You may want to double check this
Yes. If you try to online ATIP request it ask for a file no. It is a mandatory filed in the online form.

how long does it take to get a response from CIC on ATIP? 1 month?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
canimmigrate said:
Yes. If you try to online ATIP request it ask for a file no. It is a mandatory filed in the online form.

how long does it take to get a response from CIC on ATIP? 1 month?
File Number/ Application Number can be found on the TRV refusal letter (top right corner)

It could take about 30 days or so

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
File Number/ Application Number can be found on the TRV refusal letter (top right corner)

It could take about 30 days or so
Thanks a lot for your help and answers.

Their visa was not refused. They got the visa but they want to check previous application to verify something. So I'm trying to get the application via ATI request on their behalf but file no is not known.

Not sure how and if I can proceed without file number.

Red Igloo

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Thanks a lot for your help and answers.

Their visa was not refused. They got the visa but they want to check previous application to verify something. So I'm trying to get the application via ATI request on their behalf but file no is not known.

Not sure how and if I can proceed without file number.
Hi, did you find out a answer? How did you apply?