+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At what point can you stop worrying?

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Hey there, sorry about the clickbaity title, but here's my question:

I've recently been approved as a sponsor and we have now moved on to the CSQ portion of the application. (Quebec - Spouse Sponsor - Outland)

I'm curious to know how much of the first (Canadian / Federal) process are we through and done with, in other words: Is there still a chance that our application is rejected because of the documents/proof we submitted in our application to IRCC?

For example, is there a chance that even after obtaining the CSQ and completing the Biometric + Medical Exam, that all of sudden we are rejected by IRCC because we 1. Forgot a signature, 2. Forgot to /incorrectly translated a document, 3. Insufficient proof of relationship...? or was this all looked at/completed during the SA portion?

Thanks for your help!

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
since you received AOR and SA, your app wont be rejected due to missing submitted documents

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
since you received AOR and SA, your app wont be rejected due to missing submitted documents
Thank you for your reply! What about insufficient proof of relationship, or documents that were not properly translated/notarize? Has this been an issue for anyone AFTER receiving SA and being moved to the Visa office?

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Comes up later in process.

Depends what you mean.
Thank you for your reply, this means that there's still a chance that we go through the (many) next steps only to realize at some point that there was something wrong with our documents, and perhaps have to start again from zero, after all these months.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your reply, this means that there's still a chance that we go through the (many) next steps only to realize at some point that there was something wrong with our documents, and perhaps have to start again from zero, after all these months.
Typically after the AOR stage, they will not return as incomplete but instead ask if anything is unclear or missing (i.e. they've judged it complete to accept the AOR but doesn't exclude they can ask for more). Sometimes they do save minor deficiencies to be corrected after the AOR.

What wasn't clear from your question was whether you were also referring to refusals due to admissibility/eligibility issues or 'mistakes' or omissions etc that would be considered misrepresentation. I.e. they can accept a file based on common law filing as complete but subsequently determine the sponsor/applicant didn't meet the requirements to be common law.

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Typically after the AOR stage, they will not return as incomplete but instead ask if anything is unclear or missing (i.e. they've judged it complete to accept the AOR but doesn't exclude they can ask for more). Sometimes they do save minor deficiencies to be corrected after the AOR.

What wasn't clear from your question was whether you were also referring to refusals due to admissibility/eligibility issues or 'mistakes' or omissions etc that would be considered misrepresentation. I.e. they can accept a file based on common law filing as complete but subsequently determine the sponsor/applicant didn't meet the requirements to be common law.
I understand, and in the event that something needs to be clarified or provided, it can be done by mail or e-mail without starting from scratch, is that right?

As for the second part that wasn't clear, I meant that perhaps some documents that had to be translated and notarized might not meet the standards expected (even though we did exactly as written), or perhaps proofs that we live together (that was a tough one for my wife and I, even though we've lived together for years) are insufficient or rejected.

Last edited:

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Your filing Outland. You don't need proof of living together. Just that you are in a real relationship. You're worrying too much. Enjoy life as it is right now. Worry later if something actually happens.

Have a wonderful day. :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Your filing Outland. You don't need proof of living together. Just that you are in a real relationship. You're worrying too much. Enjoy life as it is right now. Worry later if something actually happens.
Well, an outland couple that both reside/resided abroad - evidence of residing together/having resided would be relevant to assessing the relationship.

But that said, agree it's not worth worrying about until they are asked for evidence. (If planning to move together to Canada, preparing in the event that evidence of intent to return to Canada - for the citizen - is a good idea)

Reactions: esam99 and DiiDii

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Well, an outland couple that both reside/resided abroad - evidence of residing together/having resided would be relevant to assessing the relationship.

But that said, agree it's not worth worrying about until they are asked for evidence. (If planning to move together to Canada, preparing in the event that evidence of intent to return to Canada - for the citizen - is a good idea)
I figured they were in Canada. I read the basics lol can't solve everyone's issues when I have my own. Lol. I tried

But I do know Outland for both is different. They said that they weren't here? I can't bother to investigate at the moment. Carry on.

Reactions: armoured

simon25006

Jan 26, 2021
I have a friend who applied for inland application last year, his application got cancelled a week ago. He already did the medical exam, but he forgot to submit the birth certificate. Then CIC cancelled his application and sent everything back to him. He needs to resubmit and wait from the beginning.

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Hey there, sorry about the clickbaity title, but here's my question:

I've recently been approved as a sponsor and we have now moved on to the CSQ portion of the application. (Quebec - Spouse Sponsor - Outland)

I'm curious to know how much of the first (Canadian / Federal) process are we through and done with, in other words: Is there still a chance that our application is rejected because of the documents/proof we submitted in our application to IRCC?

For example, is there a chance that even after obtaining the CSQ and completing the Biometric + Medical Exam, that all of sudden we are rejected by IRCC because we 1. Forgot a signature, 2. Forgot to /incorrectly translated a document, 3. Insufficient proof of relationship...? or was this all looked at/completed during the SA portion?

Thanks for your help!
I will not be returned as incomplete once you get AOR however if you fail criminality (biometrics and police certificates), eligibility (this is where your relationship is evaluated) or admissibility (this is normally done after application is approved), your application might be rejected.

I stopped worrying when i got DM before that anything can happen.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a friend who applied for inland application last year, his application got cancelled a week ago. He already did the medical exam, but he forgot to submit the birth certificate. Then CIC cancelled his application and sent everything back to him. He needs to resubmit and wait from the beginning.
Very strange, first time I've heard of such a case.