+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At entry point in Canada

lamber

May 5, 2009
Hello,
I have a tamporary work visa and possitive lmo.
my employer is not hiring me.
I am sure I will get job if I enter in canada.
If I will go at air port is the immigration deparment will contact with my employer or not.?
I am sorry for this type quistion.
Thank you

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lamber said:
Hello,
I have a tamporary work visa and possitive lmo.
my employer is not hiring me.
I am sure I will get job if I enter in canada.
If I will go at air port is the immigration deparment will contact with my employer or not.?
I am sorry for this type quistion.
Thank you
You can't work in Canada without an employer. Even if you have an LMO, if the employer doesn't hire you, then you can't have a work permit.

saver

Jun 17, 2009
you need to show a copy of your contact and lmo to the point of your entry then they are the 1 who will give you work permit

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not think they will contact your employer. I think you will get in but once you are in Canada, you would need to find another employer, get a new LMO and a new work permit. This is a process that may take months so I hope you a bringing a lot of money with you.

EmilyMarie

Dec 31, 2008
MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO
From my experience they have always called the employer. I always call the employer in advance and let them know that they will be calling. They normally calll from Vancouver which is the most common point of entry. I am not sure what would happen if they arrived and they called the employer and the employer told them they were no longer hire you. Also, not sure what would happen if u arrived an couldn't get ahold of the employer.. I would be interested in knowing this. Would u be asked to leave Canada or would u be allowed to stay without the work permit.
Are u sure your employer has not cancelled your LMO? Chances are they have if they are no longer interested.

lanierruss

Jan 10, 2010
Hi. I have quite similar problem with lambie. I already have my temporary working permit since aug 2009 and until now im still here in the philippines waiting for the POLO that according to my agency, they processed it prior to time i received my visa.. It seems that the agency handling is not par doing their best to make the processing fast or any peculiar reason happened I guess. It's almost five months since i resigned from my company hoping that i leave the country the soonest. I just need a job very badly now since i need to cope up coz i was a victim of typhoon ondoy and i have to kids to support. My question is, it is possible to get another employer or contact another employer there just to make the application fast? Your advise is so much appreciated. Another thing, anybody who can tell how many weeks/months is the processing of POLO? Thanks so much