+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum Rejected - Go to USA

visaklub

Aug 29, 2017
Dear readers / expert advisors,

Recently our asylum application was denied. With no choice but to leave Canada, I have a doubt in my mind...... I already have a valid USA B1/2 visa on my passport for my family.

Will we be able to enter USA without any problems? While entry, will the immigration officers come to know that we have a denied asylum in canada, and hence they will deny my entry to USA inspite of vald visa.

I doubt if anyone has faced a similar situation. Caan experts put some light on this.... Thanks.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
CBP has shared access to your IRCC and CBSA information, so they will be aware of your refugee claim and it’s refusal. No expert on US immigration, but I would strongly suspect that the CBP will cancel your visa at the point of entry.

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
Dear readers / expert advisors,

Recently our asylum application was denied. With no choice but to leave Canada, I have a doubt in my mind...... I already have a valid USA B1/2 visa on my passport for my family.

Will we be able to enter USA without any problems? While entry, will the immigration officers come to know that we have a denied asylum in canada, and hence they will deny my entry to USA inspite of vald visa.

I doubt if anyone has faced a similar situation. Caan experts put some light on this.... Thanks.
On same situation I would claim for refugee at port of entry in USA so that they have no chance to return me.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
On same situation I would claim for refugee at port of entry in USA so that they have no chance to return me.
Ummm, yeah, good luck with that ....

Reactions: captains

dreem

Nov 20, 2017
WHAT DOES IT MEAN PORT OF ENTRY YOU SHOULD APPLY SIR CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS PLEASE

iF WE APPLY PORT OF ENTRY IN CANADA OR USA THEY CANNOT RETURN YOU MEAN

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
WHAT DOES IT MEAN PORT OF ENTRY YOU SHOULD APPLY SIR CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS PLEASE

iF WE APPLY PORT OF ENTRY IN CANADA OR USA THEY CANNOT RETURN YOU MEAN
To apply for a refugee at port of entry (legal entry point such as int. Airport) you must need a visit/other temporary visa first.i assume that u don't have any.do U?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
wHAT IF I APPLY IN BUFFALO PORT SINCE I DONT HAVE CANADA VISA AND I AM IN usa
You can apply at the border but there is no guarantee you will be granted asylum once you have a hearing. You will need to bring evidence with you to the border that your wife and her sister are actually related.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sir evidence like what hearing will be on the port it self same time?
No the interview is just to determine whether you can enter the country. You will start the asylum process once you enter the country. I would recommend you seek out help from a refugee organization in the city where you are living.

futurekhan

Nov 23, 2017
I am in bufallo how to find canadian organization here i dont no thing sir if do you know any office or contact details i can go right now

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
As you would have had a rejected refugee claim in Canada (as indicated), the US is under no obligation to accept your claim and they and they would most likely send you packing right away. Assuming that they can't return you to your country of origin (or at least keep you locked up until they can), particularly with CBP in the US is a mistake.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm confused think that the person who lost one asylum claim was the OP. This question is from someone else who has kidnapped the thread. I could be wrong but this is how I am reading the situation although it is getting so confusing. Wish people would start their own threads.