+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum (Questions and suggestions needed)

Chocholin

Oct 21, 2017
Hi everyone, it is a real luck i found this community, ive been having really hard time with doubts concerning this process, hopefully some of you can guide me.

My first stopper is my family, i just cant leave them, not seeing them again and with the risk of my threats to start affecting them in the future, so my doubts will mostly go over it.

1- They dont have visa, if i get asylum, would they still be able to apply for a visitor visa?

2- if my persecutions start affecting them after im gone, could they also get asylum?

3- After getting Permanent Residency, is one able to travel to other countries? (Obviously excluding my own)

4- Are there any differences, benefits or speed differences, ease, over the application at Ontario vs Quebec?

5- I dont count with the funds to sustain myself, but i can find home with woofing / voluntary homestays. If i apply for the asylum would i necessarily havr to move to an assigned reffugee shelter or could i live with these programs while the application happens?

Also what would you suggest me on my situation? My case perfectly fits for an asylum, but family (parents, brother, grandmother) is a determinant factor in my life, so if i could have another method to have a safe life with a legal status, without loosing my family, please do not hesitate to explain me.

Note: i was also recommended to join as student on a technical degree (im already graduated as engineer) as prices as lower and short time, but im afraid of having to go back to my country after it.

Thanks in advance for all the help you can give me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. They can certainly apply but you should expect their visas will be refused. Highly unlikely their visitor visas will be approved as a result of your refugee claim.
2. Yes - if they qualify. To obtain asylum, they would either need to move out of their own country to another country, be recognized as refugees once there by UNHCR and then be selected for resettlement to Canada. Or get TRVs and claim asylum once they arrive here. Of course very unlikely TRVs will be approved.
3. Yes.
4. No real difference.
5. You need a work permit before you can legally work (including woofing and homestays). You need to wait until your refugee claim is accepted before you'll be eligible for a work permit.

Chocholin

Oct 21, 2017
1. They can certainly apply but you should expect their visas will be refused. Highly unlikely their visitor visas will be approved as a result of your refugee claim.
2. Yes - if they qualify. To obtain asylum, they would either need to move out of their own country to another country, be recognized as refugees once there by UNHCR and then be selected for resettlement to Canada. Or get TRVs and claim asylum once they arrive here. Of course very unlikely TRVs will be approved.
3. Yes.
4. No real difference.
5. You need a work permit before you can legally work (including woofing and homestays). You need to wait until your refugee claim is accepted before you'll be eligible for a work permit.
Thanks you very much for taking the time to answer my doubts

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wanted to clarify that you probably can't woof because you need a work permit if it is a commercial farm. You are alo unlikely to find a free homestay for more than a couple of days. Woofing isn't very well known so I am intrigued about your country of origin.

If you are granted asylum you will be able to visit your family in a country that is not your country of origin but you will only be able to reunite with a spouse or children when you apply for permanent residency. You can try to sponsor your parents and/or grandparents after you make more than the limited income requirement for 3 years. It is currently a lottery system so no guarantees because only approximately 1 in 5 get picked. There is also the supervisa program if you meet the income requirement and can pay for health insurance for your parents/grandparents. Your brother will have to qualify to come to Canada on his own.

Oct 30, 2017
Is there anyone who is being as a refugee and applied for asylum. if so, please do not hesitate to drop me a message, i just wanted to know some information regarding this process. would be appreciated for your information provided. it can be either any people who has applied for asylum . Thank You :)