+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum in Ontario - Time line

Trustwork801

Jan 7, 2023
Hi, My lawyer uploaded my profile on 28 Jan 2023 on web portal. I still don't have brown ID / work permit. My Initial date is July 2024. So now how its go.?. what time usually took in Ontario to get work permit. I arrived in Canada on 1st week of December 2022. Now shifted from Motorial to Toronto.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, My lawyer uploaded my profile on 28 Jan 2023 on web portal. I still don't have brown ID / work permit. My Initial date is July 2024. So now how its go.?. what time usually took in Ontario to get work permit. I arrived in Canada on 1st week of December 2022. Now shifted from Motorial to Toronto.
Based on your previous posts you landed in NB as a visitor but your plan was to try to find employment not to visit. Is your life at risk in your home country? Filing asylum gets you a WP eventually but comes with serious longterm consequences worldwide if your asylum application is denied and your life isn’t truly at risk. There are much better ways to try and find work in Canada. Filing for asylum should be the last option and only if your life is truly in danger and you have proof. If you were able to get a TRV you are unlikely to be from certain countries were there is a high probability of approval.

Trustwork801

Jan 7, 2023
@canuck78, My previous post for an enquiry from one of my friends i posted here. I never said, I am the one who landed in NB. Can you please restrict on my question if you have any relevant answer. Thank you.