+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum from inside canada.

Nov 10, 2018
Dear all, I am an afghan but I have a Pakistani ID card and a Pakistani passport. In Afghanistan, I am from a place where there is a strong Taliban hold and thus I can not return back there. And as for Pakistan, it is not my country and once they find out that I am an afghan they will not renew my documents and I will have to leave Pakistan and move to Afghanistan. I have lived and worked in middle eastern countries, but they do not have any permanent residency there so I had to leave once my permit expired there. I have got my Canada's visit visa already.

Now I wanted to ask:

1. Can I make a refugee claim in Canada?
2. Are Afghanis accepted as refugees or not?
3. If yes, how long it takes to get a work permit?
4. Will I get any financial support in the start?
5. How long until I get PR status?

Thanks, everyone in Advance.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
1. Yes you can as long as you have reasons with evidence that your life is in danger or have been targeted to be killed. You or your family members.

2. Ir depends on how strong their case is.

3. I’m not sure.

4. I’m not sure.

5. About 4 to 5 years.

Jan 10, 2017
Dear all, I am an afghan but I have a Pakistani ID card and a Pakistani passport. In Afghanistan, I am from a place where there is a strong Taliban hold and thus I can not return back there. And as for Pakistan, it is not my country and once they find out that I am an afghan they will not renew my documents and I will have to leave Pakistan and move to Afghanistan. I have lived and worked in middle eastern countries, but they do not have any permanent residency there so I had to leave once my permit expired there. I have got my Canada's visit visa already.

Now I wanted to ask:

Is your place of birth mentioned in your Pakistani passport?
Did you mentioned your afghan nationality in your TRV application form?
In your case you must have to proof that you are afghan national to IRB.
In your case Pakistani nationality will be red flag that you are already citizen of other country than your origin.

Nov 10, 2018
Is your place of birth mentioned in your Pakistani passport?
Did you mentioned your afghan nationality in your TRV application form?
In your case you must have to proof that you are afghan national to IRB.
In your case Pakistani nationality will be red flag that you are already citizen of other country than your origin.
My place of birth is a Middle Eastern country.
I have my afghan documents with me, which proofs my originality.
My Pakistani nationality is a fake one. When we migrated to Pakistan my grandfather gave some money to a government employee and he got it.

Reactions: 9990

szaib002

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Yes
Mostly yes as it is a war-torn and high-risk country.
Depends. If you apply online it is faster than the paper application. But when you file your claim, you become eligible to apply.
Mostly yes.
A long time tbh

Khalid2245

Dec 11, 2018

Now I wanted to ask:

brother your story is situation regarding dual identity is similar of mine. did you get any solution?