+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

asylum eligibility

loona_lonna

Jun 25, 2019
Are domestic violence and forced marriage eligible reasons to seek asylum ? I'm a saudi woman and my family are threatening to kill me (honor killing) because I refuse arranged marriage..I contacted a lawyer from my country for some advice but he said there's nothing to be done since he is your guardian..the police and the protection centers will not interfere unless they take permission from my guardian to do so..I have voice records and some pictures of beating marks,messages from absher app to get permission to get treatment in governmental hospitals,messages and calls for job offers that i was prevented to take since my family prevented me from working, physiological report as evidences ..do you think I'm eligible to seek asylum ? Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are domestic violence and forced marriage eligible reasons to seek asylum ? I'm a saudi woman and my family are threatening to kill me (honor killing) because I refuse arranged marriage..I contacted a lawyer from my country for some advice but he said there's nothing to be done since he is your guardian..the police and the protection centers will not interfere unless they take permission from my guardian to do so..I have voice records and some pictures of beating marks,messages from absher app to get permission to get treatment in governmental hospitals,messages and calls for job offers that i was prevented to take since my family prevented me from working, physiological report as evidences ..do you think I'm eligible to seek asylum ? Thank you.
Yes - this can be a reason to seek asylum.

However you cannot seek asylum from Saudi Arabia. You would need to leave the country and go to another country. From that other country, you would need to be recognized as a refugee by UNHCR. UNHCR will then decide which country you are resettled to.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most refugees don't get resettle so you may have to stay in the country where you claim asylum. The biggest issue is getting out of SA and getting to a country that will grant you asylum.