+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum Application please help.....

raselhm

Jan 7, 2018
Hi there,

I hope someone can help me to provide details about the process of seeking asylum in Nova Scotia. I've a valid TR-Visa including my wife and kid. I am willing to apply for a refugee claim in Nova Scotia.
We came to Nova Scotia last month.
I still can't find answers for below:
1.within how many days need to apply while we are in Canada?
2.How to make a preliminary application?The lawyer or the lawyer himself?
3.My wife's 6-month pregnancy, if I request asylum, will my wife get medical help?
4.How much will the lawyer cost and how his fees will be taken?
5.What kind of paper should be submitted for asylum with application?
Please kindly suggest me.

Thank you in Advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

I hope someone can help me to provide details about the process of seeking asylum in Nova Scotia. I've a valid TR-Visa including my wife and kid. I am willing to apply for a refugee claim in Nova Scotia.
We came to Nova Scotia last month.
I still can't find answers for below:
1.within how many days need to apply while we are in Canada? You should have applied as soon as possible after arriving.
2.How to make a preliminary application?The lawyer or the lawyer himself? You can apply through a lawyer or you could have done it at the airport.
3.My wife's 6-month pregnancy, if I request asylum, will my wife get medical help? Yes if you are eligible for asylum your wife will be covered under the refugee health program.
4.How much will the lawyer cost and how his fees will be taken? If you have your own funds you will have to pay for an immigration lawyer yourself. Given that you were able to qualify for a trv for your whole family I don't think you will qualify for legal aid but you can try if you want to.
5.What kind of paper should be submitted for asylum with application? Your lawyer will help you.
Please kindly suggest me.

Thank you in Advance

Reactions: raselhm

raselhm

Jan 7, 2018
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
I already talk to my lawyer, he is advising me for H & C.But do not have any idea about H and C .
All of my wife's family are in Canada, so I recommend for H & C.
And to say that more than three months later to apply.
What can i do now?
advice me please

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I honestly don't see a strong case for H&C for you. It's pretty difficult to be approved under H&C.

I assume you don't qualify to apply for PR under Express Entry or another economic immigration stream?

raselhm

Jan 7, 2018
I honestly don't see a strong case for H&C for you. It's pretty difficult to be approved under H&C.

I assume you don't qualify to apply for PR under Express Entry or another economic immigration stream?
How do you think I am not qualify for PR under Express Entry or another economic immigration stream?
Do you know all about me?
Thank you for your reply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How do you think I am not qualify for PR under Express Entry or another economic immigration stream?
Do you know all about me?
Thank you for your reply.
You've misunderstood my post completely.

"I assume you don't" is a way of introducing a question to confirm if someone has pursued an alternate option or path. I was asking if you qualify under Express Entry (or another economic program) and had considered at this as an option for immigrating.

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017

"I assume you don't" is a way of introducing a question to confirm if someone has pursued an alternate option or path. I was asking if you qualify under Express Entry (or another economic program) and had considered at this as an option for immigrating.
Doesn't look good for IELTS...

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
I already talk to my lawyer, he is advising me for H & C.But do not have any idea about H and C .
All of my wife's family are in Canada, so I recommend for H & C.
And to say that more than three months later to apply.
What can i do now?
advice me please
What would be her basis for a H&C claim?
Having family living in Canada is not a reason for a H&C app.

raselhm

Jan 7, 2018

I think I could not write properly.So I apologize for my mistake.