+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Assistant Manager Job (Does it qualify)? Please help!!!!

Sep 2, 2016
Hi guys, I finally received a full time salaried job offer for an assistant manager position.
I recently finished MBA program and managed to get this job.

I would file immigration through PNP program next month and according to rules given below I feel that my job qualifies for it.

Have a full-time job offer in your field of study, or a related field of study
Have the qualifications, training, skills, and accreditation required for the job;
Can demonstrate the intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador;
Have a job or job offer that has compensation in the form of a salary and benefits package that meets provincial employment standards and prevailing wage rates;
Have a job or job offer that has opportunity for advancement;
Have a job or job offer that does not contravene existing bargaining unit agreements or any employment disputes;

Job description posted on website is very short and doesn't say supervisor this or that but my responsibilities are very broad such as managing sales, hiring, training, coaching employees, merchandising, managing corporate communication..and more.

Should I ask employer to send a detailed note of my responsibilities?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If you managed to find that info, I'm surprised you didn't get to find the document requirements for NL PNP.

http://www.nlpnp.ca/pdf/ExpressEntryGuide1.pdf

The detailed note of responsibilities from your employer is a requirement, item 8.5 in the application guide above.

McHoagie

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Not correct. "Food Service Supervisors" fall under the skill level "B", with the NOC being "6311".

They are definitely eligible.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
McHoagie said:
Not correct. "Food Service Supervisors" fall under the skill level "B", with the NOC being "6311".

They are definitely eligible.
You are right. I appear to have been incredibly confused.
Deleting the post in question :)

Sep 2, 2016
0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers

But I'm going to apply through the international graduate category. My online concern was how do I make sure my job as an assistant manager qualify for it?

Sep 2, 2016
Retail and wholesale trade managers perform some or all of the following duties:

Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in wholesale and retail sales or of departments in such establishments
Manage staff and assign duties
Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
Determine merchandise and services to be sold, and implement price and credit policies
Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
Develop and implement marketing strategies
Plan budgets and authorize expenditures
Resolve customer complaints
Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff.

My job covers almost all of it except few points (market reserach n all).