Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
June 2013
Hi, After two year absence I am back on this forum. This time to learn about something that I haven't dealt with before. I am hoping someone can help/guide or direct me to right sources to find information.

We are expecting a baby soon and have my brother and sister in law in India who I would like to sponsor as LIC.
My sister in law will be the Live in caregiver. I also have my elderly parents living with us. We are in GTA area (Brampton)
I just wanted to know how the process works. If I can get her over to take care of the baby and my elderly parents.
She doesn't have any background but is willing to go to school and take some course or whatever is the pre requisite.
So if someone can let me know
- What is the pre requisite in terms of qualification?
- How much does the whole process cost?
- How does it work out with labour market in Canada and how difficult is it to sponsor them?
- What is the minimum wage we have to pay them. I know there is a boarding and lodging requirement.
- Also my sister-in-law has two kids herself 9yrs and 4yrs. Would that in any way go against her.
- How long would it take for her family to join her assuming she gets approved for Live in caregiver
- Ultimate aim is to get PR
I would appreciate if someone can guide me to links either in this website or any other forums.

I know the best place to start is cic.gc.ca. I will be going there to do my research but I though this will be the best place as lot of you may have already gone through these experiences.

Thanks a lot in advance for all the help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Before she can apply to be a LIC, she will either need to complete six months of full time training or obtain one year of full time paid work experience in the field. So it will be at least six more months before you can sponsor her here as a care giver.

You can find more information about the process here and most of your questions will also be answered here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/apply-who.asp

Her family cannot accompany her to Canada and live in Canada. They can try to apply for TRVs to visit Canada temporarily - however there are no guarantees their TRVs will be approved and the TRVs will allow them to visit only (they won't be able to live here, won't be able to work, won't be able to go to school and won't be entitled to any benefits like the health care system). She will include her family in her PR application once she is ready to apply. It will be 2 years before she can apply for PR and the PR application processing takes approximately 4 years. So it will be around 6 years before her family can join her in Canada to live here with her from the time she arrives.

karan1916

Star Member
Jul 18, 2005
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
1-03-2013