+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Assessment of postgraduate diploma post masters

EEAspirant

Jun 24, 2018
If I understand correctly, MSc (two years) post BSc (three years) will be considered as bachelors+1 year masters for both IQAS and WES. However, in addition, I have also done a year postgraduate diploma AFTER MSc. So, is there any chance I might get points for masters in either (particularly, WES). I could not add the PGDip in the WES free evaluation tool. Also, anybody, done IQAS recently? How long did it take for you? I see such mixed reviews with IQAS that I'm not able to make up my mind.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
If I understand correctly, MSc (two years) post BSc (three years) will be considered as bachelors+1 year masters for both IQAS and WES. However, in addition, I have also done a year postgraduate diploma AFTER MSc. So, is there any chance I might get points for masters in either (particularly, WES). I could not add the PGDip in the WES free evaluation tool. Also, anybody, done IQAS recently? How long did it take for you? I see such mixed reviews with IQAS that I'm not able to make up my mind.
The best is to try sending to IQAS. They might give you Masters.

WES will never give you Masters, I have sent several transcripts to WES of this combination and they always have reverted with Diploma.

EEAspirant

Jun 24, 2018
The best is to try sending to IQAS. They might give you Masters.

WES will never give you Masters, I have sent several transcripts to WES of this combination and they always have reverted with Diploma.
How long does IQAS take? I've seen anything from 10 days to 3 months! My score will dip 5 points in October due to age, so if I wait for IQAS and get masters then I'm not sure if that would be a good deal.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
How long does IQAS take? I've seen anything from 10 days to 3 months! My score will dip 5 points in October due to age, so if I wait for IQAS and get masters then I'm not sure if that would be a good deal.
12 weeks

varunlibra3

Jul 31, 2018
Hi

I have done B.Sc. (H) Computer Science (3 years) and M.Sc. Computer Science (2 years) from Delhi University. I have used the WES Degree Equivalency Tool to check equivalency in Canada. It states as follows:

Credential 1
Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Computer Science
Name of Institution: University of Delhi
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Credential 2
Name of Degree: Master of Computer Science
Equivalency in Canada: 1 year of graduate study

If I get the evaluation done from WES, they will mention Bachelor's degree (4 years) as highest degree. I guess that I can't fetch points for my Masters.
However, if I get the evaluation done from IQAS, will they evaluate my M.Sc. as equivalent to Masters in Canada? What if I get ECA evaluated from both, WES and IQAS. Which will be considered by CIC?
Please help me in this regard.

Reactions: Najeefking

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi

I have done B.Sc. (H) Computer Science (3 years) and M.Sc. Computer Science (2 years) from Delhi University. I have used the WES Degree Equivalency Tool to check equivalency in Canada. It states as follows:

Credential 1

Credential 2

If I get the evaluation done from WES, they will mention Bachelor's degree (4 years) as highest degree. I guess that I can't fetch points for my Masters.
However, if I get the evaluation done from IQAS, will they evaluate my M.Sc. as equivalent to Masters in Canada? What if I get ECA evaluated from both, WES and IQAS. Which will be considered by CIC?
Cic will consider the one you tell them about
Not necessary for iqas to give you that evaluation and not necessary for wes to not give you masters evaluation

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi

Credential 1

Credential 2

Your Overall equivalency will be "Two or More Certificates" which will give you 7 points less than Masters Education. If your CRS crosses 440+ mark with this equivalency, then go with WES as they take very less time in compare to IQAS.

If your score is no where near 440 with "two or more certificates", then send your Bachelors to WES and Masters to IQAS.
If IQAS will evaluate your M.Sc as Masters, you can create EE profile mentioning WES and IQAS ECA numbers.
Its legal and I got PR with that.

varunlibra3

Jul 31, 2018
Your Overall equivalency will be "Two or More Certificates" which will give you 7 points less than Masters Education. If your CRS crosses 440+ mark with this equivalency, then go with WES as they take very less time in compare to IQAS.

If your score is no where near 440 with "two or more certificates", then send your Bachelors to WES and Masters to IQAS.
If IQAS will evaluate your M.Sc as Masters, you can create EE profile mentioning WES and IQAS ECA numbers.
Its legal and I got PR with that.
I got Bachelors (4 years) + One year postgraduate diploma in my WES report.

No wonder the WES equivalency tool gives different result. Can't trust it always :)

Ecool

May 18, 2019
I got Bachelors (4 years) + One year postgraduate diploma in my WES report.

No wonder the WES equivalency tool gives different result. Can't trust it always :)
How did you fill the EE profile? What did you chose for -
2) Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. -?

Najeefking

Jan 22, 2016
Hi,

To me also same case.
3yr bachelor 2yr master but WES considered as 4yr bachelor n 1 yr diploma.

Can I know what u have done?

Ecool

May 18, 2019
Hi,

To me also same case.
3yr bachelor 2yr master but WES considered as 4yr bachelor n 1 yr diploma.

Can I know what u have done?
For master degree - for the filter I stated; the one with eca - I went with -
“One year program” option from the drop down list.
I am not sure if that is correct. Ita awaited. But that’s what I did.

nisarg22

Jun 23, 2019
Hello..
Is there any possibility that IQAS or any other education assessment institution, except WES, will consider a full time Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management as a master's degree? This can help me immensely to get the required score as I have already got 8.0 band overall. If yes then what is the process?

I have already completed my bachelors assessment from WES so is it okay if I carry out the master's ECA from other institute?

Thanks in advance

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello..
Is there any possibility that IQAS or any other education assessment institution, except WES, will consider a full time Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management as a master's degree? This can help me immensely to get the required score as I have already got 8.0 band overall. If yes then what is the process?

I have already completed my bachelors assessment from WES so is it okay if I carry out the master's ECA from other institute?

Thanks in advance
What was the duration of that diploma?