+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Assessment of Educational credentials for Quebec

amritbhupinder

May 24, 2010
Hi friends ,

Please guide me where to send my educational documents for assessment for Quebec Immigration . Earlier I got my credentials assessed from WES for filing under under Express Entry . Will the same report can be used or Quebec have separate assessment program.

Canadaprseeker

Dec 22, 2014
i doubt if WES report works here. You have to comparative evaluation if your NOC comes under Regulated occupations.
You can do it after getting CSQ also. Check below

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/working-quebec/comparative-evaluation/submitting-request/index.html

Sumon_M

May 25, 2017
Hello Friends,

I have also done the ECA from WES. But, I am little bit confused, whether, I have to go through the " Comparative Evaluation". Actually the site is in French, and I am not that expert in that yet, I am taking lessons. Can any one help me out? I have bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering.

And how to get the professional training certified from the authority?

Regards

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Quebec immigration does NOT require educational assessment, so don't waste your time and money. Just apply and the officer working on your file will decide on your area of training and level education!!

Quebec comparative evaluation is only done for your own knowledge, it is not official and the officer can still decide not to go with it. So it's pretty much useless unless you want to waste time and money.

Quebec is not like the Express Entry or other provinces, it's much less demanding!

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
I don't know your experience or education but I'll assume IT or Computer science/engineering. The best way for you to get a job is through placement/recruitment agencies or American companies or startups.

If a company is majority Quebecers your chances of getting hired is very limited, even if you do, you won't get promoted much lol. Also most big/multinationals take mcgill/concordia/udem students.

French is also as important as having a degree to find a job most of the time. Less for IT sector but still preferred.

Sumon_M

May 25, 2017
Thank you sir, for your valuable feedback. I really appreciate your efforts for answering me.

Actually, I am a Mechanical Engineer. But I assume that the situation is similar for all the engineers.

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
I know a friend of a friend that was a, concordia graduate mechanical engineering, took him along time to find a job due to lack of french. It's very important that you improve your french as much as possible.

Another problem is that to become an Engineer in Quebec or have that in your title you need to be part of The Order of Engineers: http://www.oiq.qc.ca/pages/accueil.aspx?lang=en

Again you will need french to be part of it.

kms7

Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
INDIA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Med's Request
15/09/2017
Med's Done....
07/10/2017
Passport Req..
Expecting soon
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2018
LANDED..........
26-07-2018
Hello Nykro
I hold a three year diploma in Electrical Engineering with over fifteen years experience in related field .I fall in the category of industrial electrician as per the documents for CSQ. Now I am waiting for medicals .My query is How can I get registered as an electrician in Quebec .Is apprentice ship mandatory for all?Can I write the licencing examination directly after landing ?I intent to settle in Montreal.Is french qualifying examination passing mandatory for the licensure exam.?Will the comparative evaluation be of any help to me.I have searched online but I couldn't clearly understand the details.Hope you will help me .
Thanks in advance

Arthur GOLDWAY

Feb 23, 2017
Hello there

I need some advice plz. I wanna apply for quebec immigration, skilled worker, when I started filling out My project Account I was asked a diploma equivalency from a certified institution in Quebec. Actually I had done previously at the University of Toronto,. Will it work ?
Can I start filling in my request for CSQ and send right Now?

Many thanx in advance

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hello Nykro
I hold a three year diploma in Electrical Engineering with over fifteen years experience in related field .I fall in the category of industrial electrician as per the documents for CSQ. Now I am waiting for medicals .My query is How can I get registered as an electrician in Quebec .Is apprentice ship mandatory for all?Can I write the licencing examination directly after landing ?I intent to settle in Montreal.Is french qualifying examination passing mandatory for the licensure exam.?Will the comparative evaluation be of any help to me.I have searched online but I couldn't clearly understand the details.Hope you will help me .
Thanks in advance

Okay so I'm not an expert but a quick research and I found that electrical and electronics engineering technologist and technicians NOC 2241 is a regulated profession in Quebec. Check this website: http://www.otpq.qc.ca

You will find everything there, its in french tho.

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hello there

I need some advice plz. I wanna apply for quebec immigration, skilled worker, when I started filling out My project Account I was asked a diploma equivalency from a certified institution in Quebec. Actually I had done previously at the University of Toronto,. Will it work ?
Can I start filling in my request for CSQ and send right Now?

Many thanx in advance
Any Canadian degree is considered equivalent to a Quebec degree.

Arthur GOLDWAY

Feb 23, 2017
I mean i got my degree in France but got the equivalence done by the University of Toronto, will it work for Quebec or it has to be an institution only in Quebec?

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016

Arthur GOLDWAY

Feb 23, 2017
Thank you, I appreciate it,
Just the last question Plz,
Where on their site can I find the list of accredited organisations for diploma equivalence?