+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asking for More Time to Submit Documents

juicykey

May 18, 2018
Hi forum,

We have just been asked to submit additional documents (post-SA) for my parents' PGP application. We realize that we will likely miss the 30-day deadline as some of the documents will not be ready by then.

My questions are:
- Is a 30-day extension too much to ask for? That's the timeframe we feel safely achievable.
- Should we send the request using the generic webform or the VO-specific webform or sending a paper letter to VO? Our VO is Hong Kong if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi forum,

We have just been asked to submit additional documents (post-SA) for my parents' PGP application. We realize that we will likely miss the 30-day deadline as some of the documents will not be ready by then.

My questions are:
- Is a 30-day extension too much to ask for? That's the timeframe we feel safely achievable.
- Should we send the request using the generic webform or the VO-specific webform or sending a paper letter to VO? Our VO is Hong Kong if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.
I would use web form and explain reasons and request for 90 days extension , hopefully this way all will be in order.

Reactions: juicykey

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi forum,

My questions are:

Thanks in advance.
Ask more than what you need.
Submit webform and send email to hkong@international.gc.ca (grabbed from http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/hong_kong/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng). If its a wrong email address they should reply back to you with the correct email to send to.

Explain clearly in the email the category of application your UCI and principal applicant's UCI (if available)!

Reactions: juicykey