+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asking for extra biometric fee

Feb 19, 2019
My father submitted an online application for a temporary visitor visa for him and his wife(my mother) and his daughter(my sister). He already paid 170 CAD for biometric fees which is for a family with more than 2 members. (obviously, it is impossible to submit an application without paying a complete fee). They already provided their fingerprints and photos. But, today, he received a new email attached below. The request letter in CIC account asked the biometric fee for my sister's again. My question is why they are asking for extra money since my father paid the application fee (300 CAD) and biometric fee (170 CAD) for the whole family.

Please help me here,

Thanks for your time.

bellow is the letter from CIC.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear (My sister name),

This letter refers to your application for temporary residence.

On December 31st, 2018, biometrics (fingerprints and a photograph) became a requirement for anyone applying for a visitor visa, study or work permit or permanent residence to Canada.

Processing of your application will not begin until the fee is paid and your biometrics are collected. To pay the biometric fee, please refer to the below instructions:

Payment of Biometric Fees
1. This fee must be paid at the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
2. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the first page.
3. Select “Immigration” then under “Other immigration services”, select “Biometrics”. 4. Select the fee that applies to your application.
5. Click “Submit” and complete payment.
6. Upload the receipt via your IRCC myAccount.
a. If you are unable to upload your receipt via your IRCC myAccount, you may submit your receipt via the IRCC Webform.

Once the fee is paid, you will receive further instructions on when and how to give your biometrics.

This item must be received within 10 days from the date of this letter or your application may be refused.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada This message has been submitted to your MyCIC account. By submitting your application electronically, you have agreed to receive correspondence electronically.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My father submitted an online application for a temporary visitor visa for him and his wife(my mother) and his daughter(my sister). He already paid 170 CAD for biometric fees which is for a family with more than 2 members. (obviously, it is impossible to submit an application without paying a complete fee). They already provided their fingerprints and photos. But, today, he received a new email attached below. The request letter in CIC account asked the biometric fee for my sister's again. My question is why they are asking for extra money since my father paid the application fee (300 CAD) and biometric fee (170 CAD) for the whole family.

Please help me here,

Thanks for your time.

bellow is the letter from CIC.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear (My sister name),

This letter refers to your application for temporary residence.

On December 31st, 2018, biometrics (fingerprints and a photograph) became a requirement for anyone applying for a visitor visa, study or work permit or permanent residence to Canada.

Processing of your application will not begin until the fee is paid and your biometrics are collected. To pay the biometric fee, please refer to the below instructions:

Payment of Biometric Fees
1. This fee must be paid at the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
2. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the first page.
3. Select “Immigration” then under “Other immigration services”, select “Biometrics”. 4. Select the fee that applies to your application.
5. Click “Submit” and complete payment.
6. Upload the receipt via your IRCC myAccount.
a. If you are unable to upload your receipt via your IRCC myAccount, you may submit your receipt via the IRCC Webform.

Once the fee is paid, you will receive further instructions on when and how to give your biometrics.

This item must be received within 10 days from the date of this letter or your application may be refused.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada This message has been submitted to your MyCIC account. By submitting your application electronically, you have agreed to receive correspondence electronically.
Is your sister a minor or a dependent in your dad's application?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, my father added her as his family member. He is the main applicant and my mother and my sister are minor.
Not sure why IRCC has requested for additional biometric fees to be paid for your sister's application. You may want to email their local visa office to ask for clarifications. Did your parents select a stay of more than 6 months (like a super visa)?

Feb 19, 2019
No, they applied for just visitor not super visa. He filled the Webform through IRCC. Is there any other way to contact them??
They gave just 10 days for paying this fee. How can I find clarifications very fast?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No, they applied for just visitor not super visa. He filled the Webform through IRCC. Is there any other way to contact them??
They gave just 10 days for paying this fee. How can I find clarifications very fast?
It seems like a mistake. Try emailing their local visa office

Feb 19, 2019
Thank you for your attention,

I emailed to the Ankara embassy. They responded like below:

Due to exceptionally high volumes of visa applications, processing times have unfortunately increased. As we are using all available resources for processing, we will not be responding to email enquiries for applications that are within the current processing times listed on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp You may find the answers you are looking for at www.canada.ca/immigration
We appreciate your understanding.

En raison d'un volume exceptionnel de demandes de visa, les délais de traitement ont malheureusement augmenté. Comme nous utilisons toutes les ressources disponibles pour le traitement des dossiers, nous ne répondrons pas aux courriels pour les demandes qui se trouvent dans les délais de traitement actuels indiqués sur notre site Web: http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/information/delais/index.asp
Vous trouverez peut-être la réponse à vos questions au www.canada.ca/immigration
Votre compréhension est appréciée.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------They gave me just 10 days for this fee. I filled the Webform. But, I do not know how much it is going to take to respond the Webform. You think there is a chance to solve this mistake in 9 days or it is better to pay?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for your attention,

I emailed to the Ankara embassy. They responded like below:

Due to exceptionally high volumes of visa applications, processing times have unfortunately increased. As we are using all available resources for processing, we will not be responding to email enquiries for applications that are within the current processing times listed on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp You may find the answers you are looking for at www.canada.ca/immigration
We appreciate your understanding.

En raison d'un volume exceptionnel de demandes de visa, les délais de traitement ont malheureusement augmenté. Comme nous utilisons toutes les ressources disponibles pour le traitement des dossiers, nous ne répondrons pas aux courriels pour les demandes qui se trouvent dans les délais de traitement actuels indiqués sur notre site Web: http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/information/delais/index.asp
Vous trouverez peut-être la réponse à vos questions au www.canada.ca/immigration
Votre compréhension est appréciée.
This is a standard, automated response.

Hopefully, they will reply in a couple of days. You may want to email again this weekend.... and mark the subject as 'Urgent'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------They gave me just 10 days for this fee. I filled the Webform. But, I do not know how much it is going to take to respond the Webform. You think there is a chance to solve this mistake in 9 days or it is better to pay?
Do wait for a couple of days for a reply

kanikagupta17

Apr 26, 2019
Hi. Did you get a reply or you had to pay the extra fee ?
The same thing happened with my family's visitor visa. My father applied for a visitor visa for him, my mother and my brother. They paid 170CAD for biometrics, but in my brother's application he got a request letter saying he has to pay biometrics fee and he is given 10 days.

Please let me know if you got a reply by emailing the local visa office or you had to pay the fee and then will you be getting a refund for the extra fee paid after your application is approved ?

Divyaunique

Jul 2, 2019
Hi mohammadhemmati,

Did you got any clarification regarding this, please share it will be really helpful for many here? As even I got stuck here with the same.

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
I was reading on the thread somewhere that people also did Report a Technical issue on the CIC My Account and they got a response soon. I have done the same for myself for a upfront medical issue and was requested again but haven't received a response since I just submitted it today so let's see....