+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asked to upload marriage certificate again for express entry

pulkitparikh

Jan 19, 2018
Hello, I am from India, and my PR application(express entry) is being processed at present. I was asked to re-upload my marriage certificate in my express entry application process within 7 days. But there was no reason given as to what went wrong in my earlier upload of the file. I checked the rules and everything looks fine to me. My marriage certificate is in English, the names are as per the passport and it is issued by Government of Gujarat. The region and place of marriage is clearly written. Does anyone have some pointers?

Sampower

May 9, 2018
Hello.
can you please PM me with your number as i was also in same situation. I uploaded it though long time back.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
It happens sometimes that ircc asks for documents that were already uploaded. The scans could be unclear, not in color or sometimes they just request it. Upload it and order your gcms in the meantime

pulkitparikh

Jan 19, 2018
It happens sometimes that ircc asks for documents that were already uploaded. The scans could be unclear, not in color or sometimes they just request it. Upload it and order your gcms in the meantime
I had scanned this using Cam Scanner. I had scanned many other documents uploaded also through that, but only this is being asked for again. Does that mean that they will ask for the re-submission of other docs later or that Cam Scanner use is not an issue?

Also, what is "gcms" here?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I had scanned this using Cam Scanner. I had scanned many other documents uploaded also through that, but only this is being asked for again. Does that mean that they will ask for the re-submission of other docs later or that Cam Scanner use is not an issue?

Also, what is "gcms" here?
It happens. Sometme people get asked dor their family information again

Gcms notes is your file basically where it has all the comments by the agents, Activities etc..m the only way to know what stage your file is at

yiming

Jul 5, 2017
Also double confirm whether the PDF file is corrupted or not, try to open it from different computers.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
My application got straight away cancelled because I only submitted my marriage affidavit. I did not submit my urdu marriage certificate. Now I am going to get it translated and submit both of them. Also, I will be submitting my passport along with my spouse passport as we have each other name in the spouse section and my kids passport (name of father and mother mentioned in passport ) for a strong case. As we have our name on each of our passport. Is there anyone who have got more input on this ?

jitinkalra

Aug 5, 2017
My application got straight away cancelled because I only submitted my marriage affidavit. I did not submit my urdu marriage certificate. Now I am going to get it translated and submit both of them. Also, I will be submitting my passport along with my spouse passport as we have each other name in the spouse section and my kids passport (name of father and mother mentioned in passport ) for a strong case. As we have our name on each of our passport. Is there anyone who have got more input on this ?
Hello Dear, I have also same issue, I have attached affidavit as I don't have marriage certificate. Do you think that providing passport details with spouse names on each other passport suffice. Problem is that currently we are living in Canada and cant travel to India due to COVID issue. Would be helpful if share your experience about what else you have submitted to the CIC and whether they accept that or not?

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I didnt submit my passport along with the marriage affidavit document. Not sure weather it will be accepted by VO.

jitinkalra

Aug 5, 2017
I didnt submit my passport along with the marriage affidavit document. Not sure weather it will be accepted by VO.
So what is you plan to proof the spousal relationship? Have resubmitted the application or not yet? If yes then what did you submit again.