+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asked to send passport to complete application, without interview. Is this normal?

saadulankur

Feb 25, 2019
I have been asked to send my original passport to IRCC office in Ottawa for completing my Express Entry Application by official IRCC email. IRCC call centre agents told me that my application has been approved; however, I did not get any letter uploaded on my application profile. I have seen other people had been asked to go for an interview, and during the interview the IRCC officials would confirm that they had received PR and make their existing work/study permit invalid by punching a hole in it. Then they would send the PR card my mail. However, in my case, none of these happened (so far). So my question is, do I just send my passport and wait for them to mail it back sealed with a Canadian visa along with the PR card? And do I need to send my original work permit as well?

Oct 30, 2018
I have been asked to send my original passport to IRCC office in Ottawa for completing my Express Entry Application by official IRCC email. IRCC call centre agents told me that my application has been approved; however, I did not get any letter uploaded on my application profile. I have seen other people had been asked to go for an interview, and during the interview the IRCC officials would confirm that they had received PR and make their existing work/study permit invalid by punching a hole in it. Then they would send the PR card my mail. However, in my case, none of these happened (so far). So my question is, do I just send my passport and wait for them to mail it back sealed with a Canadian visa along with the PR card? And do I need to send my original work permit as well?

Your status will be changed to "approved" after sending out your passports and photos. They will mail your passport back with a visa stamp and confirmation of PR (coPR) . Depends on your situation. If you are living in Canada, take that CoPR to the neartest border or book an appointment with IRCC to finish your landing. If you are outside Canada, you will need to show that CoPR when you arrive at the airport.

Reactions: saadulankur

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
There are two ways;
1. Landing Interview Invite
2. Passport Request (PPR)

You just got a PPR. You now need to send your passport along with two photographs (same would be instructed in the email you just got) and a Canada Post Return envelope to get your Passport back with CoPR.
Once your passport reaches Ottawa, it takes a few days (not too many) and you account goes "Approved" and after a few more days you'll get your passport and CoPR.

You would now have two option;
1. Schedule an interview for landing --> https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-landing-experience-in-ircc-office-ottawa-on-23rd-jan-2018.539977/
2. Take passport and CoPR and go to nearest border to Flagpole --> https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-experience-17th-jan-2019-flagpoling-lewiston-bridge-took-just-20-mins-to-become-a-pr.606911/page-5

And YES, it's 100% NORMAL! :)

saadulankur

Feb 25, 2019
There are two ways;
1. Landing Interview Invite
2. Passport Request (PPR)

You just got a PPR. You now need to send your passport along with two photographs (same would be instructed in the email you just got) and a Canada Post Return envelope to get your Passport back with CoPR.
Once your passport reaches Ottawa, it takes a few days (not too many) and you account goes "Approved" and after a few more days you'll get your passport and CoPR.

You would now have two option;
1. Schedule an interview for landing --> https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-landing-experience-in-ircc-office-ottawa-on-23rd-jan-2018.539977/
2. Take passport and CoPR and go to nearest border to Flagpole --> https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-experience-17th-jan-2019-flagpoling-lewiston-bridge-took-just-20-mins-to-become-a-pr.606911/page-5

And YES, it's 100% NORMAL! :)
Ok thanks. But can I consider my PR application has been approved then? Assuming they don't find anything wrong with passport and photos ofcourse, then it's just a matter of time before I get CoPR

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Ok thanks. But can I consider my PR application has been approved then? Assuming they don't find anything wrong with passport and photos ofcourse, then it's just a matter of time before I get CoPR
yes! It's true. If I am not wrong, even the email has a subject "Ready for Visa" :)

bhanuprakashn

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Yes. You are all set. Just send Passport and they will send the next steps to complete your PR application.