+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asked to Fill out Schedule A after PR application

RuthFernandes

Sep 24, 2021
Hello,

I thought my PR application would have processed smoothly but here I am more than a year later, looking for assistance.
I admit, I made an unwitting mistake on my 'personal activity' section of my application where I entered in the dates as follows:
example:- (from 2019-05 To 2019 - 08) and then the next entry (from 2019-09 to 2020-05) instead of ( from 2019-08 to 2020-05).
I interpreted that as continuous since there were no missing months.
IRCC got back to me and asked me to fill out a Schedule A IMM5669 form.

I would like to know if I should correct the mistake i made in the original PR application or stick to the original entries (to avoid it being inconsistent or considered misrepresentation) ?

It was an honest mistake and other than that, the entries themselves are correct.

Thankful for any help I can get.

PS: This the the request letter if you need more context:

"\\\Thank you for your interest in Canada.

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we
require the following information/documents:

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM
5669) bearing an original signature.

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of
this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based
on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete
. ///"

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I thought my PR application would have processed smoothly but here I am more than a year later, looking for assistance.
I admit, I made an unwitting mistake on my 'personal activity' section of my application where I entered in the dates as follows:
example:- (from 2019-05 To 2019 - 08) and then the next entry (from 2019-09 to 2020-05) instead of ( from 2019-08 to 2020-05).

I would like to know if I should correct the mistake i made in the original PR application or stick to the original entries (to avoid it being inconsistent or considered misrepresentation) ?

It was an honest mistake and other than that, the entries themselves are correct.

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based
on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete
. ///"
You can correct the mistake in new forms. It would be considered as mere typo.

lllsouzap

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Hello,

. ///"
Hey, any updates? thanks!

RuthFernandes

Sep 24, 2021
Update:: I sent in the corrected version of the information (filled it out, printed it out. signed with a pen , scanned and then uploaded.) .IRCC then sent me a confirmation email in about 2 weeks.. I now have received an email with instructions regarding the confirmation portal process. It seems like a good sign that my application is close to getting approved. fingers crossed.
Thanks to everyone that helped.

padCanPR2020

Mar 23, 2020
Hello RuthFernandes,
Can you please help me understand what is the email you received in 2 weeks from IRCC? Is it a confirmation that your document has been received?

veronvillanueva30

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
Hello,

. ///"
Hello I received the same email from CIC but for a different document but same wording. Did you already get your ecopr? how much time did it take after you submitted the additional document they requested?