+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ask to pay Removal Cost

Darren198888

Apr 1, 2017
Hi Guys applying for Spouse sponsor coming up to the end of the application hopefully:(I was issued a exclusion order January 2017 and have been asked to pay back the removal cost which was 1500 dollers.Also they ask me for a updated (2018 issued) Rcmp Clearance.As the exclusion was for a year and has pasted will my exclusion order still come up on my Rcmp Check?Also im taking them asking me to pay back the removal cost is a good sign??

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Did anywhere in your application ask "have you ever been asked to leave or removed from Canada"? If you indicated that in your application and gave a good explanation it may not matter much.
Different story if you tried to hide that fact.
Regarding the payment for removal - they would send you the bill sooner or later so it may have nothing to do with your sponsorship application.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Guys applying for Spouse sponsor coming up to the end of the application hopefully:(I was issued a exclusion order January 2017 and have been asked to pay back the removal cost which was 1500 dollers.Also they ask me for a updated (2018 issued) Rcmp Clearance.As the exclusion was for a year and has pasted will my exclusion order still come up on my Rcmp Check?Also im taking them asking me to pay back the removal cost is a good sign??
I don't think your exclusion would show up on the RCMP Clearance anyway. It's an immigration issue not a criminal one.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
For further reference, you are not obligated to pay for removal services.

Last edited:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
For further reference, you are never obligated to pay for removal services.
They probably won't proceed with the application if they are not paid. Do you have have an official reference for your assertion?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/fees/immigration/general/payment-removal-costs-r243.html

Deportees

Under the IRPA, persons who are deported at departmental expense must satisfy two requirements before being allowed to return to Canada. First, they must obtain authorization to do so through an officer or by other prescribed circumstances as per R226(1) and A52(1); and second, they must pay the cost (if any) of their removal as per R243, if they have not been recovered from the transportation company.

Other removals

Clients who are the subject of exclusion or departure orders may seek to return to Canada after the period specified in the Regulations, without the need to obtain the authorization of an officer. However, as with deportees, these clients are now required to pay the cost of their removal as per R243, if they were removed at Her Majesty’s expense.

Once the officer who is processing the request for authorization to return to Canada (IMM 1203B) has determined that authorization will be granted, the office in Canada where the removal order originated will inform the officer whether payment is applicable. Collection of this fee will occur prior to the authorization to return to Canada being granted.

The applicable fees are per R243.

A receipt shall be issued each time a payment of removal expenses is received.

If an individual advises that they are unable or unwilling to pay the fee immediately, they should be counselled to withdraw their request for authorization to return to Canada and return when they have the ability and willingness to do so. If the individual refuses to withdraw their request, the request will be refused for failure to pay removal costs as per A52(1).

Last edited:

APrathap23

Feb 26, 2021
I paid my for my own ticket to leave and I got a correspondence from ND visa office to pay 1500$ what can I do about this, please help?

APrathap23

Feb 26, 2021
I paid for my flight ticket to come back and still asked for 1500$ what is that about? Can somebody tell me?