+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ask me anything

Shinegrg20

May 3, 2017
Hello,
When you are landing after getting PR, whether immigration ask about our proof of fund.
Should we carry any draft or travellers cheque of all amount we showed during visa submission.

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for opening this thread.

I have a question regarding timing.

My AOR is Feb 12th and I am expecting the PPR by end of April (knock on woods).

However, I am in the US H1B visa lottery process this year - meaning if I am chosen in this year's lottery, which happens April week 1, I am not able to travel out of this country until October, otherwise I must wait until then to come back to US.
But I am ok to send my Passport away during this period of time.

Question is: how much time do I have after PPR? and how much time do I have before landing?
Can I wait until October to do landing?
Why can't you travel out? Are you not on OPT?

Harshitagupta

Jun 20, 2017
Hi,

Need some advise here. I got ITA on 14th march, and in the process of uploading documents, I am employed in the same company since the beginning, but I was working in a different country . In work history i have mentioned it separately as
2012 - 2015 (india)
2015 - 2017 (Brazil)
2017 -till Date (India)

So while uploading documents , its asking for 3 different Employment reference documents for these 3 entries. But since its the same company I have only 1 employment reference. Please suggest what should be done in this case. Should I upload the same documents in all 3. Or should I change my work history ?

jinnie871

Mar 17, 2018
Hi,

Need some advise here. I got ITA on 14th march, and in the process of uploading documents, I am employed in the same company since the beginning, but I was working in a different country . In work history i have mentioned it separately as
2012 - 2015 (india)
2015 - 2017 (Brazil)
2017 -till Date (India)

So while uploading documents , its asking for 3 different Employment reference documents for these 3 entries. But since its the same company I have only 1 employment reference. Please suggest what should be done in this case. Should I upload the same documents in all 3. Or should I change my work history ?
1. You must: Use the same letter. The letter must mention the dates, job title, duties of each position, salary, benefits and hours at each location.

2. You can also supplement that letter with letters from colleagues that worked with you at each location.

sdeep

Apr 30, 2014
Thank you, are they still accepting friends/relatives address for sending PR cards ? Also any specific hours that we have to for landing(for a usa resident), planning to land at peace bridge, niagara.

jinnie871

Mar 17, 2018
Thank you, are they still accepting friends/relatives address for sending PR cards ? Also any specific hours that we have to for landing(for a usa resident), planning to land at peace bridge, niagara.

1. You can give the officer your friend’s address.

2. You should go Tues to Thurs.

sdeep

Apr 30, 2014
1. You can give the officer your friend’s address.

2. You should go Tues to Thurs.
Thank you, if I give my friends address, do I have to write c/o and then their address or just my name and their address, sorry for too many questions :)

Nov 30, 2017
Hi, I have a question on Express Entry. At this point I already submitted my application and got my AOR about a month ago.

For proof of funds, I received $$ gift from a sibling to have the necessary funds to immigrate to Canada. However, as evidence for this, I only submitted a printout of an email she sent to me and an explanation in my LOE. I'm afraid that might not satisfy the visa officer, as I have read of cases of other people sending a gift deed and other legal documents. Do you think I should/can get more documents to prove this money is a gift? Could I use the IRCC web form for this?

Arminder_1985

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
My old passport had my entire name under the "Given Name" and Surname was blank. Later on i got it split, so does this count as using a different name? If it does then what documents do i need to provide to explain that the name changed.