+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ask for TRV within the implied status

miguelotalora

May 14, 2015
Hello.
I am worker here in Canada and right now I am under an implied status. I requested my work permit extension on June 24th but I haven't got any news yet. During the period of waiting I got a new job offer with the same employer so I made a new work permit extension application until May 27th. In this last application I also submitted a formal request for an amendment of the previous one. My visa already expired as the processing times have been getting longer. The thing is I need to go back to my country for some days to deal with a family situation, so I am about to apply for a TRV online, but as I am still in the implied status I am not sure if this is recommended or not. I have called to the CIC and anytime the person in the phone has given me different information, so I visited an immigration lawyer and asked her about my situation and she told me is fine to apply in my case within the implied status. However the information in the CIC website is a bit confusing and it seems, in opposition to the words of the layer, that I cannot apply until my work permit extension is granted but as this situation back in my country is really important I must go. My other option will be to go back and apply for the TRV there but I am not sure if this is a better idea or not.
I would appreciate any light about this specific situation.
Thanks.
Miguel

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

miguelotalora said:
Hello.
I am worker here in Canada and right now I am under an implied status. I requested my work permit extension on June 24th but I haven't got any news yet. During the period of waiting I got a new job offer with the same employee so I made a new work permit extension until May 27th. In this last application I also submitted a request for an amendment of the previous one. My visa already expired as the processing time have been getting longer. The thing is I need to go back to my country for some days to deal with a family situation, so I am about to apply for a TRV online, but as I am still in the implied status I am not sure if this is recommended or not. I have called to the CIC and anytime the person in the phone has given me different information, so I visited an immigration lawyer and asked her about my situation and she told me is fine to apply in my case within the implied status. However the information in the CIC website is a bit confusing and it seems, in opposition to the words of the layer, that I cannot apply until my work permit extension is granted but as this situation back in my country is really important I must go. My other option will be to go back and apply for the TRV there but I am not sure if this is a better idea or not.
I would appreciate any light about this specific situation.
Thanks.
Miguel
1. As you don't have a valid work permit in hand, you can't apply for a TRV in Canada.

Rajg

Jul 22, 2015
I have the exact same concern, I am under implied status for pgwp and i am getting conflicting opinions too. So frustrating!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rajg said:
I have the exact same concern, I am under implied status for pgwp and i am getting conflicting opinions too. So frustrating!
PMM is right. Anyone who is telling you otherwise is wrong and doesn't understand the rules.