+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ask for citizenship certificate to be delivered to a different address

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Has anybody asked for their citizenship certificate to be delivered to a different address?

My ceremony is on the 11th but I'm moving on the 21st, so I don't think there's time for the certificate to arrive.
I was thinking about asking the officer at the ceremony to ship it to a different address, has anybody done that before?

Thanks

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Has anybody asked for their citizenship certificate to be delivered to a different address?

My ceremony is on the 11th but I'm moving on the 21st, so I don't think there's time for the certificate to arrive.
I was thinking about asking the officer at the ceremony to ship it to a different address, has anybody done that before?

Thanks
Many have asked and received it. Should not be an issue.

Officer asks us during the ID verification asks our address and confirms if its is ok to receive the certificate in that address. So you can ask them to send it to different address.
Also as mentioned in the oath invite, while sending the oath form, mention the new mailing address and request them to send it to this new address.

For safer side, you can either place mail hold on that old address(the address on file) or do forwarding to new address, just in case.
I know that its costly but cant do much.
Same mail hold i am doing for my wife's application to avoid any issues during certificate delivery.
One other idea i am going to try is that, i will be sending the canadapost mailing slip for them to use it. I dont know if its going to work but going to try on 10th.

Last edited:
Reactions: fv-br

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
I had the same question and the clerk told me to put the relevant information - date of move and new address - in the email with the signed form. Can't really tell you if it worked though because they mailed my certificate out very quickly to my old/existing address.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Anyone received the certificate to mailing address? Wanting to see if they are sending to home address without checking if mailing address is mentioned.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Many have asked and received it. Should not be an issue.

Officer asks us during the ID verification asks our address and confirms if its is ok to receive the certificate in that address. So you can ask them to send it to different address.
Also as mentioned in the oath invite, while sending the oath form, mention the new mailing address and request them to send it to this new address.

For safer side, you can either place mail hold on that old address(the address on file) or do forwarding to new address, just in case.
I know that its costly but cant do much.
Same mail hold i am doing for my wife's application to avoid any issues during certificate delivery.
One other idea i am going to try is that, i will be sending the canadapost mailing slip for them to use it. I dont know if its going to work but going to try on 10th.
Not sure if forwarding would work. Oftentimes mails from IRCC bear “Do not forward” on the envelope. The mails containing PR cards surely do.

Reactions: harirajmohan