+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ask for advice - "our online services are currently down"

patatasbravas

Mar 28, 2023
Hi folks, I'm completely stuck with my online application for about a month now. The option to "continue application" is not available for about four weeks already. I would appreciate any insight or advice on this matter!

Details: post-ITA I was filling in the question forms in the online application system. I think right after that, I cannot open the application anymore. I haven't got to the step to pay for the application fee or to see the list of required documents. Every time I clicked on "continue application", I got this page where it says "our online services are currently down".

I have tried
* clearing caches
* different web browsers
* using private mode of browsers

Nothing has worked and the problem has lasted for almost a month. I reached out thru the ircc webform. On the third exchange of message with them, they said that they are working on resolving this issue. So I'm just waiting around for their message now.

Has anyone experienced similar things? I'm feeling a bit stressed right not. The time left for me to submit the application is only one month left. Any thoughts/advice folks?

Reactions: marcus931

marcus931

May 10, 2023
Hi folks, I'm completely stuck with my online application for about a month now. The option to "continue application" is not available for about four weeks already. I would appreciate any insight or advice on this matter!

Details: post-ITA I was filling in the question forms in the online application system. I think right after that, I cannot open the application anymore. I haven't got to the step to pay for the application fee or to see the list of required documents. Every time I clicked on "continue application", I got this page where it says "our online services are currently down".

I have tried
* clearing caches
* different web browsers
* using private mode of browsers

Nothing has worked and the problem has lasted for almost a month. I reached out thru the ircc webform. On the third exchange of message with them, they said that they are working on resolving this issue. So I'm just waiting around for their message now.

Has anyone experienced similar things? I'm feeling a bit stressed right not. The time left for me to submit the application is only one month left. Any thoughts/advice folks?
Hello @patatasbravas

Thank you for sharing this. I appreciate you for being very open about this. I experienced the exact same issue.

I have also been experiencing prolonged technical difficulties applying online for Permanent Residency via Express Entry but since March 25th, 2023. Upon completing the 1st stage of the application (Information/Questionnaire Checklist) like you said which required filling out details on personal background (including education, employment, travel/address history and more) by clicking "Continue application", I came across an error message screen.

I have sent about 20+ webforms since that day. Screenshots were attached to the webforms showing the full website address field, pages where I am experiencing the problem, pages accessed before encountering the error message and specified date when problem occurred.

Two IRCC agents, James (agent # 4113) and Sonia (agent # 3587), responded on April 12th and today (May 4th) to two webforms that I had submitted on March 29th and April 12th with a few tips I should try. I tried every necessary step or tip they had suggested but learned that the error message continues to show. I have also tried many suggestions on the FAQ page to troubleshoot what I can, but nothing seemed to help fix the issue. The first guy who responded to me actually admitted that it was a periodic technical problem from their end (like you said) and that they were working to fix the issue, that I should keep trying again; which you know did not help.

It has now been well over 40 days (March 24th, 2023) trying to fix this issue or getting a response from CIC via the IRCC Webform link. I don't know whether you have figured out the solution to the issue yet. I am sorry that I did not look at your post sooner, I only just checked today. Please, I would really like any assistance/guidance on what steps to take in resolving the issue. Were you able to resolve the issue with IRCC? Are there any other alternatives you can suggest to me? I have continued to try again but nothing seems to fix it.

Kind regards,
Marcus

patatasbravas

Mar 28, 2023
Hello @patatasbravas

Thank you for sharing this. I appreciate you for being very open about this. I experienced the exact same issue.

I have also been experiencing prolonged technical difficulties applying online for Permanent Residency via Express Entry but since March 25th, 2023. Upon completing the 1st stage of the application (Information/Questionnaire Checklist) like you said which required filling out details on personal background (including education, employment, travel/address history and more) by clicking "Continue application", I came across an error message screen.

I have sent about 20+ webforms since that day. Screenshots were attached to the webforms showing the full website address field, pages where I am experiencing the problem, pages accessed before encountering the error message and specified date when problem occurred.

Two IRCC agents, James (agent # 4113) and Sonia (agent # 3587), responded on April 12th and today (May 4th) to two webforms that I had submitted on March 29th and April 12th with a few tips I should try. I tried every necessary step or tip they had suggested but learned that the error message continues to show. I have also tried many suggestions on the FAQ page to troubleshoot what I can, but nothing seemed to help fix the issue. The first guy who responded to me actually admitted that it was a periodic technical problem from their end (like you said) and that they were working to fix the issue, that I should keep trying again; which you know did not help.

It has now been well over 40 days (March 24th, 2023) trying to fix this issue or getting a response from CIC via the IRCC Webform link. I don't know whether you have figured out the solution to the issue yet. I am sorry that I did not look at your post sooner, I only just checked today. Please, I would really like any assistance/guidance on what steps to take in resolving the issue. Were you able to resolve the issue with IRCC? Are there any other alternatives you can suggest to me? I have continued to try again but nothing seems to fix it.

Kind regards,
Marcus

Hi Marcus, I'm very sorry to hear that you are experiencing that problem. Good news is, ircc did resolve the problem for me when there were 15 days left to the two month deadline.

I totally understand how you are feeling. It was quite frustrating when they kept sending me generic answers and canned emails when I had explained that I'd tried all obvious fixes.

I sent five webforms in total. In the last one, I mentioned the following info (for your reference)
* explained what technical problem I encountered. and attempts that I've tried to fix it on my own
* ticket number (if you have been offered one)
* mentioned that I called the ircc telephone centre too and had been referred to using the webform
* pointed out there were very few days left and asked for the possibility to extend the deadline
* attached screenshots

I didn't get a deadline extension but they did fix the problem. I don't think there's much we could do with this type of thing. You just have to communicate thru webform and then wait for their response. I hope my experience could help to ease your mind a little bit.

Best luck Marcus with your application.

marcus931

May 10, 2023
Thank you very much @patatasbravas
I appreciate your words a lot. They definitely eased my mind with the whole thing. Sure it's only 11 days left but I won't give up for sure.