+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asivad & Seniors: 1 year PG Diploma course and 4-years Bachelor's Degree

Sreyas

Sep 19, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad & Seniors,
Having a one-year Diploma in Business management along with 4-year full-time Bachelor's degree fall under 'Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees'??

Before sending to WES, I want to get this clarified, as it will boost my score from 430 to 462. Please shed some light on this.

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sreyas said:
Hi Asivad & Seniors,
Having a one-year Diploma in Business management along with 4-year full-time Bachelor's degree fall under 'Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees'??

Before sending to WES, I want to get this clarified, as it will boost my score from 430 to 462. Please shed some light on this.
If WES evaluates your Bachelor as Bachelor and the PGD as One Year PGD, then it would fall under Two or more Degrees which gives you higher score.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sreyas said:
Hi Asivad & Seniors,

IS that PG diploma from Canada? Or is your ECA- shows PG diploma?
Do u have ECA for bachelors? - ECA- shows its a bachelor degree?

Then YES you can select 2 or more... :)

Sreyas

Sep 19, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jemdill said:
IS that PG diploma from Canada? Or is your ECA- shows PG diploma?
Do u have ECA for bachelors? - ECA- shows its a bachelor degree?

Then YES you can select 2 or more... :)
PG Diploma from India. Did not go for ECA yet, recently completed.
ECA done for Bachelor's already & it shows Bachelor's only.

What I'm concerned about is if 1 year PG Diploma is considered by WES (ECA)?

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Sreyas said:
PG Diploma from India. Did not go for ECA yet, recently completed.
ECA done for Bachelor's already & it shows Bachelor's only.

What I'm concerned about is if 1 year PG Diploma is considered by WES (ECA)?
Sreyas, u can try the degree equivalency tool. The outcome is mostly correct but it is upto the discretion of WES to ultimately decide what your degree will be equivalent in Canada. Also, you should send both the course certificates as they dont charge any extra for that. Consider yourself lucky if you get the "two or more certificates......" because a score of 462 is guaranteed ITA.

Here is the link:

http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

Sreyas

Sep 19, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
evoboy2016 said:
Sreyas, u can try the degree equivalency tool. The outcome is mostly correct but it is upto the discretion of WES to ultimately decide what your degree will be equivalent in Canada. Also, you should send both the course certificates as they dont charge any extra for that. Consider yourself lucky if you get the "two or more certificates......" because a score of 462 is guaranteed ITA.

Here is the link:

http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?
I've already tried this one evoboy2016, but in the dropdown, there's no option for Diploma. All I can see is Bachelor's & Master's.

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Sreyas said:
I've already tried this one evoboy2016, but in the dropdown, there's no option for Diploma. All I can see is Bachelor's & Master's.
You will have to send it to WES to find out.