+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asivad my man.. Need your opinion on this

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone..
I have a similar question. I am worried about my application being perceived as mis represented.

So I stated in my student visa application in 2011 that I worked for an automotive company.
My employment letter says that i was hired as a part time research analyst in November 2009 while i was in university and started working as a regular employee from May 2010.

I never quit that job untill was ready to fly to canada. The employment letter was issued in December 2010 and worked till April 2011.
But i never mentioned the fact that from April 2010 i was part of a team that performed both research work and sales work. And from April 2010 my job was restricted to field sales.
So basically throughout my employment tenure with the company i performed more sales task rather than
research work.

Now when i stated my foreign experience in express entry I just stated that i was employed by the company from April 2010 to April 2011 as field sales manager.
But i was also expected to perform other duties as the company being a medium scale enterprise.

I haven't lied on my application and my ex employer is ready to back me up as i am still in good relations with them.

Please advise if it would be problem.
If yes what can i do to fix it.

Currently my ecas has 4 lines and medical passed on my cic.
I am fsw inland and my file is currently in ottawa.

Please help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand the problem here.

CIC isn't necessarily more interested if you worked on research rather than on sales - the NOC doesn't matter beyond being 0/A/B. If your reference letter mentions a certain NOC and it is a valid letter, that take care of this end. In the modern World, many people work in project-based jobs or multitask across horizontals and it is perfectly legitimate to have a job which has multiple facets. Only your reference letter matters to CIC to validate the authenticity of your work experience and you have provided that. There is no misrepresentation here based on my understanding of your post.