+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asivad Anac and others Pls Help!! PPR expected soon, baby on the way in 6 months

divdiv

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Hi,

I have a peculiar situation and I'm going crazy thinking about what are my options. I've tried a lot of research but unable to get a clear picture. Seek help from seniors pls especially Asivad Anac.

1. I'm the principal applicant (FSW outland) with my spouse added to the application.
2. My AOR is 5th April 2016 - completing 6 months mark on 5th Oct.
3. Our Medicals expire sometime early February (considering 1 yr), so the landing will have to done before that.
4. No PPR Request yet. Since we're almost at the 6th month mark expecting it soon though and planning a soft landing in Nov/Dec (~2 weeks long). As both my husband and I have our jobs back in India which we can't immediately quit. During this time we plan to apply for PR card and return to our home country to come back later.
5. Now the tricky part, I'm 11 weeks pregnant and expecting a baby around 20th April 2017.

Want to understand what are my best options along with pros and cons associated with all.

A. Have baby in Home country without telling CIC about pregnancy after doing a soft landing.
In this case we visit Canada in Nov/Dec to perform a soft landing, apply for PR card and return. I'll be 5/6 months pregnant so its doable.

Few questions related to this option -
1. How do we take the baby to Canada later? I understand this can be done by sponsoring the baby via family class and one parent has to be in canada to apply.
2. What are the timelines like for family class sponsorship for a new born? How easy is it to get it for a new born if both parents are PR holders?
3. Will one parent have to be canada the whole time the application is under process or only during the time of application? Can he return after finishing sponsorship from canada?
4. Will he have to be there for a while before he's eligible to sponsor our child? What are the conditions?
5. Can the baby travel with us to canada on some other visa? Timelines and any conditions related to this.

B. Tell CIC about pregnancy, put our application on hold and Have baby in Home country

1. Can I announce my pregnancy to CIC when I get a ppr request (I'll be 3-4 months along) and add the baby to the PR application before it's born?
2. Is it ok to tell them to put my application on hold and wait until baby is born (April 2017) so that he/she can be added soon after birth. This was all 3 of us enter Canada as PR holders.
3. How much will this delay my application after April?
4. Any other risks associated with this?
5. Any other conditions?

C. Renter Canada in march end (8 months pregnant) after a soft landing in Nov/Dec and Have the Baby in Canada in April 3rd Week.
This option sounds very attractive as the baby will be a citizen by birth.

1. Will this even work? Since we'll be applying for PR card when we do the soft landing and going by recent trends PR card applications are taking even taking 4-5 months in some cases. So its a possibility that we might not even have a PR card to renter Canada in March end. If we can't enter, then this option is completely ruled out.

2. But assuming we're able to get our PR cards by March and can go to canada to have the baby. how can we make this work?
1. What about health coverage. Which provinces offer health coverage from day 1?
2. If we have to stay in a province that doesn't offer health cover from day 1, what are our options for private insurance?
3. Is there anything else to consider in this case?
4. How much is this option going to cost us in case we don't have any insurance at all (pre natal, delivery, post natal etc.)?

Look forward to your help. Even if you can't help with every question, pls do share any knowledge that you may have.

Regards.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
divdiv said:
A. Have baby in Home country without telling CIC about pregnancy after doing a soft landing.
In this case we visit Canada in Nov/Dec to perform a soft landing, apply for PR card and return. I'll be 5/6 months pregnant so its doable.

1. How do we take the baby to Canada later? I understand this can be done by sponsoring the baby via family class and one parent has to be in canada to apply.
2. What are the timelines like for family class sponsorship for a new born? How easy is it to get it for a new born if both parents are PR holders?
3. Will one parent have to be canada the whole time the application is under process or only during the time of application? Can he return after finishing sponsorship from canada?
4. Will he have to be there for a while before he's eligible to sponsor our child? What are the conditions?
5. Can the baby travel with us to canada on some other visa? Timelines and any conditions related to this.
1. You would need to sponsor the child.

2. Depends on the country.

3. Yes, one parent needs to be residing in Canada throughout the entire process. A few short visits are fine but anything more than a few weeks is pusing it.

4. No, he doesn't need to be there awhile. There are no conditions.

5. You could apply for a TRV to try to bring the child to Canada before the PR is processed. If the TRV is refused, you could try for a TRP.

divdiv said:
B. Tell CIC about pregnancy, put our application on hold and Have baby in Home country

1. Can I announce my pregnancy to CIC when I get a ppr request (I'll be 3-4 months along) and add the baby to the PR application before it's born?
2. Is it ok to tell them to put my application on hold and wait until baby is born (April 2017) so that he/she can be added soon after birth. This was all 3 of us enter Canada as PR holders.
3. How much will this delay my application after April?
4. Any other risks associated with this?
5. Any other conditions?
1. You can tell IRCC about the pregnancy if you want but you can't add the baby before it's born.

2. You could ASK if they will delay your app.

3. Probably 3-4 months.

divdiv said:
C. Renter Canada in march end (8 months pregnant) after a soft landing in Nov/Dec and Have the Baby in Canada in April 3rd Week.
This option sounds very attractive as the baby will be a citizen by birth.

1. Will this even work? Since we'll be applying for PR card when we do the soft landing and going by recent trends PR card applications are taking even taking 4-5 months in some cases.
2. But assuming we're able to get our PR cards by March and can go to canada to have the baby. how can we make this work?

1. What about health coverage. Which provinces offer health coverage from day 1?
2. If we have to stay in a province that doesn't offer health cover from day 1, what are our options for private insurance?
3. Is there anything else to consider in this case?
4. How much is this option going to cost us in case we don't have any insurance at all (pre natal, delivery, post natal etc.)?
It may be difficult to find an airline willing to fly you 3-4 weeks before your due date.

1. You don't need a PR card to come to Canada. You can apply for PRTDs.

2. Don't really know what you're asking.

1. There are a few. I can't recall off the top of my head besides Alberta.

2. I've heard that midwife services in Ontario are covered without provincial heath coverage. I don't know about other provinces. You won't find any private insurance to cover childbirth.

4. For a straightforward pregnancy and delivery, probably $3000-$5000. If there are any complications, a lot more.

divdiv

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Thanks Canuck_in_uk :) Much appreciated.

A quick question for your response to option no 1.

Yes, one parent needs to be residing in Canada throughout the entire process. A few short visits are fine but anything more than a few weeks is pusing it. - If my Husband travels, can he file for child's sponsorship right away? What will be the eligibility requirements to do so? Or will we have to wait till completion of 730 days in 5 years to be able to sponsor?

canuck_in_uk said:
1. You would need to sponsor the child.

2. Depends on the country.

3. Yes, one parent needs to be residing in Canada throughout the entire process. A few short visits are fine but anything more than a few weeks is pusing it.

4. No, he doesn't need to be there awhile. There are no conditions.

5. You could apply for a TRV to try to bring the child to Canada before the PR is processed. If the TRV is refused, you could try for a TRP.

1. You can tell IRCC about the pregnancy if you want but you can't add the baby before it's born.

2. You could ASK if they will delay your app.

3. Probably 3-4 months.

It may be difficult to find an airline willing to fly you 3-4 weeks before your due date.

1. You don't need a PR card to come to Canada. You can apply for PRTDs.

2. Don't really know what you're asking.

1. There are a few. I can't recall off the top of my head besides Alberta.

2. I've heard that midwife services in Ontario are covered without provincial heath coverage. I don't know about other provinces. You won't find any private insurance to cover childbirth.

4. For a straightforward pregnancy and delivery, probably $3000-$5000. If there are any complications, a lot more.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
divdiv said:
If my Husband travels, can he file for child's sponsorship right away? What will be the eligibility requirements to do so? Or will we have to wait till completion of 730 days in 5 years to be able to sponsor?
Yes, he can sponsor the child right away.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
If you have received PPR and booked tickets for Canada and one finds out about pregnancy ... then what can be then?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
If you have received PPR and booked tickets for Canada and one finds out about pregnancy ... then what can be then?
If the baby is born in Canada while you're a PR, the baby is a citizen.
If you complete your landing, then return home, and the baby is born outside of Canada, you will need to sponsor the child for PR.
If the baby is born before your landing, you can have it added to your CoPR.

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
Guys, I have almost the exact situation as the original poster. However I have received PPR and need to submit my and my wife's passport before 20th January 2017.

Now the situation is that mine and my wife's medicals expire on 15th May 2017, while my wife is expected to deliver around 20th June, 2017 (could be even earlier than that or late).

My question is whether it's possible that my London Visa Office will extend my landing date so that I can get my wife to deliver the baby in my home country and then add him to our application so that all 3 of us can travel together to Canada if I request them to do so citing this peculiar situation? Do I have a case of getting my landing date extended in this case since I don't think my wife's gyne will allow my wife to travel 3/4 weeks before delivery. Airlines will also probably refuse to let my wife travel in this case I think. Has there been a precedent where the visa office has asked to get medicals re-done in order to extend the landing date?

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
shariq123 said:
Guys, I have almost the exact situation as the original poster. However I have received PPR and need to submit my and my wife's passport before 20th January 2017.

Now the situation is that mine and my wife's medicals expire on 15th May 2017, while my wife is expected to deliver around 20th June, 2017 (could be even earlier than that or late).

My question is whether it's possible that my London Visa Office will extend my landing date so that I can get my wife to deliver the baby in my home country and then add him to our application so that all 3 of us can travel together to Canada if I request them to do so citing this peculiar situation?
It's generally use it or lose it. IRCC doesn't do extensions. They expect people to be ready when they apply.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Focus on having the baby in Canada. He/she will be Canadian right away. That's the easiest and best long term solution for all of you. Being separated from the baby for any of you is heartbreaking. There is no job that is more important than keeping family together. You will be PRs even without the card. Your Copr will be the proof. Land as soon as possible and stay in Canada to get healthcare ASAP. Otherwise pay the costs which is still hundred times less than the frustration of sponsorship application.

Best wishes

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
neorol said:
Focus on having the baby in Canada. He/she will be Canadian right away. That's the easiest and best long term solution for all of you. Being separated from the baby for any of you is heartbreaking. There is no job that is more important than keeping family together. You will be PRs even without the card. Your Copr will be the proof. Land as soon as possible and stay in Canada to get healthcare ASAP. Otherwise pay the costs which is still hundred times less than the frustration of sponsorship application.

Best wishes
There are a few problems with that route. I can't quit my job right away. I need to give 2 months notice first. That means I can't fly before March at the very earliest. Secondly, if I fly in March, I'll need to land in Alberta then because that's the province that will give me health care from day 1. Toronto which was supposed to be our main resident city will go out of the window as Ontario will take 3 months before they will give me health card and we don't have 3 months time remaining if we land in March for the delivery.

I know it's going to be a real long shot but I'm still going to email London VO and explain to them my situation and request them to please extend my landing date if possible. We haven't been issued COPR as yet so they haven't given us a landing date right now. Maybe in my case they'll allow me to extend my arrival. 0.1% chance of it happening but no harm in trying.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
shariq123 said:
There are a few problems with that route. I can't quit my job right away. I need to give 2 months notice first. That means I can't fly before March at the very earliest. Secondly, if I fly in March, I'll need to land in Alberta then because that's the province that will give me health care from day 1. Toronto which was supposed to be our main resident city will go out of the window as Ontario will take 3 months before they will give me health card and we don't have 3 months time remaining if we land in March for the delivery.

I know it's going to be a real long shot but I'm still going to email London VO and explain to them my situation and request them to please extend my landing date if possible. We haven't been issued COPR as yet so they haven't given us a landing date right now. Maybe in my case they'll allow me to extend my arrival. 0.1% chance of it happening but no harm in trying.
What you can also do is to do soft landing, and give your relative/friend address for your PR card delivery.
Then after staying in canada for few days get back to saudi arabia and when your PR cards come in, your relatives/friends can send them through DHL/FEDEX to you guys in Saudi arabia.

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
Bs65 said:
assume you are aware of the residency obligations for Alberta healthcare need reside in the province for 183 days in 12 month period
http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/registration-requirements.html.

Plus assume you know unless you have a direct flight to a city in Alberta your PR landing takes place at first entry point into the country.
Yeah I'm aware of the 183 days residency requirement in Alberta. However, regarding your second point, if I land in Toronto (do my landing at the airport but give an Alberta address for PR card delivery) and stay for a week and then move to Alberta will I be considered as moving from within Canada hence having to wait for 3 months for my Alberta health card?