+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

As an existing international student, can I re-enter Canada if I exit?

btejani

Oct 2, 2020
Hi. I am an international student in Canada since 2018. I had applied for a study permit extension and just received the new document. I have a family medical emergency and I need to exit Canada at the earliest. Will I be allowed to re-enter Canada if I show all necessary documents and proof of emergency?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

btejani

Oct 2, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html
It says “If you’re already in Canada, you can continue studying at any DLI. If you leave Canada, you may not be able to return if your DLI doesn’t have a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by the province or territory in which you live.”
Thanks for your reply. I don’t live on campus accommodation. I have family here and I have been living with them since 2 years. Would your above mentioned point still apply to me?

Ankitax

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Thanks for your reply. I don’t live on campus accommodation. I have family here and I have been living with them since 2 years. Would your above mentioned point still apply to me?
I think so, they wont let u stay at your personal place when u re-enter, it does apply to u as well, let the DLI list be released on the 8th of oct, if your college's on the list, then you're good to go!