+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

As a PR holder, can I renew my Indian Passport in India?

Nov 30, 2019
Hello,
I am a canadian PR holder and currently in India, my Indian passport expires in 4 months.
Can I travel to Canada with my current passport and get it renewed in canada itself?
or I should get it renewed in India itself now and can travel with my new passport to canada without any problems (my old passport should be there with me or not)?

Everyone's sincere inputs are welcome. Thanks.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
With the current COVID travel restrictions you are in fix.

Try the tatkal route to see if you can renew it quickly. Otherwise, fly down at next possible date and renew it from here in Canada.

Reactions: shashankmudgal19
Nov 30, 2019
With the current COVID travel restrictions you are in fix.

Try the tatkal route to see if you can renew it quickly. Otherwise, fly down at next possible date and renew it from here in Canada.
Thank you for the info. If I renew my passport in India, hope there won't be any problems in travelling with the new passport and the PR card, I won't need my old passport, right?
Also, I have US Visa printed on my current passport, so I guess I'll have to reapply for it.

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Thank you for the info. If I renew my passport in India, hope there won't be any problems in travelling with the new passport and the PR card, I won't need my old passport, right?
Also, I have US Visa printed on my current passport, so I guess I'll have to reapply for it.
If you have a valid visa that you need to use to enter the US on your old passport, just bring both your old passport and your new passport and present both. No need to reapply for it.

Reactions: shashankmudgal19
Nov 30, 2019
That's great to know. Thanks for the quickest response ever :)

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Keep all of your old passports. Any valid visas on old passports continues to exist until those visas expire.