+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arriving in Canada SEPARATELY

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody!

My question is quite straightforward. My partner obtained her OWP based on my Study Permit as common-law partners.
We both got our POE in May.

Now, we were thinking about getting to Canada around mid-August. She would fly from Vienna, whereas and I would fly from Italy because we need to gather clothes and miscellaneous from our family homes.

Question is: would it be "bad" to fly in different flights since we got our Visas as common-law partners? [We would fly into Canada on the same day and wait for each other at Arrivals]
Would she have problems in getting her visa at Toronto Port of Entry without me?

Thanks a lot!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
salvatore270 said:
Hi everybody!

My question is quite straightforward. My partner obtained her OWP based on my Study Permit as common-law partners.
We both got our POE in May.

Now, we were thinking about getting to Canada around mid-August. She would fly from Vienna, whereas and I would fly from Italy because we need to gather clothes and miscellaneous from our family homes.

Question is: would it be "bad" to fly in different flights since we got our Visas as common-law partners? [We would fly into Canada on the same day and wait for each other at Arrivals]
Would she have problems in getting her visa at Toronto Port of Entry without me?

Thanks a lot!
No. There shouldn't be an issue.