+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arriving in Canada on tourist visa while waiting for Outland PR

hanzi

Jul 28, 2021
Hi guys, I'm Aussie and my Canadian common-law partner is sponsoring my Outland Family Class PR. We live in Australia and are moving to Quebec so the extra step of apply for a CSQ is slowing us down a bit.

Just wondering if anyone has entered Canada on a tourist visa (which I'm eligible for) while they wait to receive PR? We have a son, who has dual citizenship, and are eager to move ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys, I'm Aussie and my Canadian common-law partner is sponsoring my Outland Family Class PR. We live in Australia and are moving to Quebec so the extra step of apply for a CSQ is slowing us down a bit.

Just wondering if anyone has entered Canada on a tourist visa (which I'm eligible for) while they wait to receive PR? We have a son, who has dual citizenship, and are eager to move ASAP.

Thanks in advance!
Lots do.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
There are lots of us on the forum who have done this. Search "dual intent" in here for examples. My big piece of advice is thar the non Canadian cannot say at the border that he/she is moving to Canada. He/she is visiting partner who is moving.

Reactions: armoured

hanzi

Jul 28, 2021
There are lots of us on the forum who have done this. Search "dual intent" in here for examples. My big piece of advice is thar the non Canadian cannot say at the border that he/she is moving to Canada. He/she is visiting partner who is moving.
Oh thanks!