+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arriving 51 Days Early

ali_121

Jul 17, 2021
Hey guys, I'm an international student and I'm traveling on the 11th of August, 2021 to Toronto. My classes start on October 1, 2021. I'm going 51 days early for quarantine, looking for an apartment, getting to know the city, and settling down before my university starts. Is that okay or would the officer not let me in?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
As a student, you can only enter Canada 4 weeks before your classes start at the most. You will surely be sent back. Lots of posts on FB last week alone from students being denied boarding cos they were travelling too early. There was even a lady from the UK who was 33 days away and they denied her and asked her to come back i 3 days.

Reactions: captainarabiia

ali_121

Jul 17, 2021
As a student, you can only enter Canada 4 weeks before your classes start at the most. You will surely be sent back. Lots of posts on FB last week alone from students being denied boarding cos they were travelling too early. There was even a lady from the UK who was 33 days away and they denied her and asked her to come back i 3 days.
How 3 days early when I have to quarantine for 14 days? And also many of my friends here in Dubai went 3/4 months earlier and nothing happened. Can you send me links to the FB posts saying they were denied entry for arriving to early?

Dr.No

Jun 15, 2021
How 3 days early when I have to quarantine for 14 days? And also many of my friends here in Dubai went 3/4 months earlier and nothing happened. Can you send me links to the FB posts saying they were denied entry for arriving to early?
She meant (33 days before Sem start) - (3 days) = 30 days before Sem Start.

You can try what your friends did. But IRCC recommends 4 weeks. It's all upto you.

Reactions: wonderbly

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys, I'm an international student and I'm traveling on the 11th of August, 2021 to Toronto. My classes start on October 1, 2021. I'm going 51 days early for quarantine, looking for an apartment, getting to know the city, and settling down before my university starts. Is that okay or would the officer not let me in?
Short answer is that it is not OK.

We've seen several people refused boarding by the airline for trying to come too early. Best option is to change your plans to arrive no more than 4 weeks early. If you move ahead with your current plans to fly 51 days early, you need to be prepared for the possibility that you'll be refused boarding and won't be able to fly to Canada or that you may have issues with CBSA once you arrive.

Reactions: captainarabiia

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Just pointing out the pink elephant in the room... Although many of your friends were able to come here a few months early, you still doubt if that is really feasible, is that correct?

You have two choices: follow your friends’ way or follow the suggestion from this thread. Choice is entirely up to you. Weigh each option carefully and do whatever you think is best for you. For me, I will not risk coming in early. But that’s me.

Reactions: Alpha_Wolf

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
I traveled 1 month and 2 days before my online induction, my in-person attendance is still 6 weeks away. The only time I got asked about my program start date was at London Heathrow, no questions were asked about the same at Toronto airport. My advice, only travel close to your program start date, there is nothing much to do here apart from sit inside and pass the time.

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
I also booked 3 days and 4 weeks before my class start. Hopefully i wont encounter any issues with airlines and border officers.